XXIV.

AFTER PARTY

AFTER PARTY

Melanie stood with her sister and the rest of the Denali's while Jasper and Caroline accompanied Alice in checking up on the guests.

As she spoke with Kate and Eleazar, she felt her hand being squeezed harder than before, looking down she saw Irina, holding her hand in an attempt to take her mind off the fact her family had invited the same beasts that killed her mate.

"Bella!" She heard her older sister say, turning around while not letting go of Irina's hand, Bella and Edward came to view, Carmen kissed both of Bella's cheeks while Eleazar congratulated Edward.

Bella smiled at the two before speaking. "Eleazar and Carmen, right?"

Tanya and Kate both moved to stand next to their adopted parents, while Irina stayed a little further back with Melanie. "Yes, and these are our cousins from Alaska. Tanya, Kate." Edward explained.

"We've heard so much about you." Kate smiled.

Carmen frowned when she noticed she was missing the presence of her young sister and one of her adopted children. "Irina. Come meet Bella." She spoke in a soothing voice, knowing it was hard for her.

Melanie noodles at blonde slightly, guiding her over to their family. "I can't do this," Irina whispered to Carmen and Melanie.

Tanya who had heard gritted out. "You promised."

"They invited one." She said louder, not caring who heard this time.

Edward, who had read her thoughts, now knowing who she was talking about sighed. "Irina, he's our friend."

"They killed Laurent," Irina spoke, her voice breaking slightly at the memory.

"He tried to kill Bella," Edward said immediately.

Irina moved forward, getting closer to Edward and proceeding to get in his face. "I don't believe that. He wanted to be like us. To live in peace with the humans. With me."

Melanie who sensed Edward was about to speak again, quickly shook her head, knowing nothing could change the way Irina was feeling right now.

But, of course, Edward ignored her. "I'm sorry."

With that Irina sighed, nodding her head and walking away. "Let's not monopolise the bride. Congratulations." Eleazar said, in attempt to lighten the mood once again.

The rest of the Denali's soon walked away to find Irina, minus Melanie who just rolled her eyes. "Well, what's a wedding without some family drama. Congrats."

Melanie moved through the crowd, finally coming across Nik and Alice who were sat at a table, Alice playing with her dress and talking about anything and everything while Nik was sipping on champagne.

"Excuse me." She heard while she was taking her seat, looking up she could see Emmett on stage behind the microphone. This will be good. "Is this on? Hello? Um, I'd like to propose a toast. To my new sister. Bella, I hope you've gotten enough sleep these last eighteen years. 'Cause, you won't be getting anymore for a while."