𝟎𝟎𝟓. 𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐍𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐄 ✓

STARDUST ! ·˚
❛ chapter five ❜

⊹₊ ⋆ "FIFTEEN KIDS, THAT'S HOW MANY PEOPLE saw what happened," Rosalie complained as she and Edward along with Carlisle and Melanie stood in the many hallways of the hospital

"FIFTEEN KIDS, THAT'S HOW MANY PEOPLE saw what happened," Rosalie complained as she and Edward along with Carlisle and Melanie stood in the many hallways of the hospital.

"And it would have been more if Jasper and I didn't stop them." Melanie chimed in crossing her arms over her chest.

She was all for Edward being happy with Bella, but almost exposing himself along with the rest of the family. That was completely different, and that was something Melanie wouldn't stand for.

Anything that put Alice in harm's way Melanie was quick to shut down as fast as she could, but something like this, she couldn't. But she sure as hell would try.

"What was I supposed to do, then? Let her die?" Edward questions.

"You're being dramatic, Edward. She wouldn't have died. Probably broken a few bones, yes, but she wouldn't have bloody died. But we might as well if she finds out about us." Melanie argues, Rosalie nodding her head agreeing.

"This isn't just about you. It's about all of us." Rosalie stated.

"I think we should take this in my office," Carlisle speaks up looking towards the corner where Bella was lurking, the three teenagers had been to busy arguing to notice her standing.

"Can I talk to you for a minute?" She asks looking in the direction of Edward.

"Rosalie, Melanie," Carlisle says placing his hand on the two girls shoulders, guiding them away from the conversation.

"This is a joke, Carlisle, he's being reckless," Melanie spoke firmly as the trio stepped foot into Carlisle's office.

"It's his blood singer and his mate, he only wanted to protect her, you of all people must know what that's like." Carlisle tried to reason.

"Oh, yes I do know what that's like Carlisle, I would do anything to protect my wife and you of all people must know that. If any, and I mean any harm comes towards her because of the human I won't hesitate to rip her apart." Melanie growled before storming out the room, Rosalie following close behind.

Leaving Carlisle alone to his thoughts, of course, he knew where both parts were coming from, he too would do anything to protect his wife and his family, but Edward was apart of his family as much as everyone else.

Edward was practically glaring across the parking lot at Bella while the rest of his family stood amongst themselves talking about random things, well most of them. Caroline and Rosalie were too busy arguing about who was better looking out of Emmett and Jasper while the two boys just stood beside them shaking their heads.

Alice and Melanie were stood further away talking about the date they had planned in a few days.

"Don't even think about looking and seeing what I have planned for you tonight," Melanie says looking down at Alice as if she was a child who was trying to find what presents they had for Christmas.

"But I need to know what to wear, is it casual? Fancy? I need to know!" Alice grinned as she jumped up and down.

"When have I ever did casual?" Melanie questioned with a raised eyebrow, she was never one to just go to the movies or what normal teenage humans do, she always liked to spoil Alice, a little too much sometimes.

"Fancy it is, comes on, let's get our seats." Alice smiled taking hold of Melanie's hand and dragging her towards one of the busses.

They were going on some greenhouse trip, Melanie wasn't really sure what or why they were going, she wasn't much to pay attention in classes, already knowing everything made it pretty pointless, perks of being alive for over three hundred years.

Soon they arrived at there destination, Alice and Melanie walked through the greenhouse with there hands held, Alice trying to distract her wife from the blood that was driving her insane.

"Eggshells, carrot tops. Compost is cool. Now I'm going to make a steaming cup of compost tea." The teacher rambled as he poured some disgusting liquid into a glass which one of the students grabbed out of his hand.

Edward stopped walking in the middle of the path, knowing Bella wasn't far behind him and he wanted to talk to her, he wanted to know why she wouldn't be attending prom but would be going to Jacksonville instead.

"What's in Jacksonville?" He asked the human out of the blue causing her to look confused.

"How did you know about that?" She questions.

"I- You didn't answer my question." Edward states.

"You don't answer any of mine, so... I mean, you don't even say hi to me." Bella states.

"Hi," Edward says causing the girl to scoff.

"Are you going to tell me how you stopped the van?"

"Yeah. I had an adrenaline rush. It's very common. You can google it." Edward explains causing Melanie who heard to let out a laugh.

"Floridians. That's what's in Jacksonville-" Bella starts before she trips over, cutting herself off.

"Could you at-least watch where you walk?" Edward practically sneered. "Look, I'm sorry I'm being rude all the time. I just think it's the best way-"

"Bella! Guess who just asked me to prom." Jessica Stanley says rushing over to Bella which was the cue for Edward to leave.

"I know you're trying, but if you continue to be a dick she's going to end up hating you rather than fall in love or whatever it is that hoping for," Melanie told Edward before he had the chance to walk passed her and Alice.

"Easy for you to say, you don't want to bite your mate." Edward rolled his eyes.

"Oh but I do, in more ways than you can imagine." Melanie grinned once she noticed the disturbed look on Edward's face, wrapping her arm around Alice's shoulder she walked away with a smirk on her face, satisfied with the result.

Edward pushed past the couple, speed walking like he was on a mission, and he was.

"Bella, we shouldn't be friends," Edward says as he catches up with the human girl.

"You really should've figured that out a little earlier. I mean why didn't you just let the van crush me and save yourself all this regret?" Bella asks.

"You think I regret saving you?"

"I can see that you do. I just... I don't know why." Bella replies.

"You don't know anything," Edward states but before he can continue Alice cuts him off.

"Hi." She grins, letting go of Melanie's arm and bouncing her way over to the duo. "Are you going to be riding with us?"

"No, our bus is full," Edward answers for her before he turns around, punching the bus door signalling for the driver to open up.

The doors open up, Edward walking inside along with Melanie and Alice, leaving Bella all alone confused as always.