XXIX.

PRETENDING

PRETENDING

Later the same night, Alice, Caroline, Jasper, Esme and Carlisle returned from fixing up Edward and Bella's new home, a place where they could be alone with their child.

The next day, when Alice and Melanie were laying in bed after a long night of fun when suddenly Alice had a vision. A vision of Jacob showing his wolf to Charlie, and revealing that Bella was very much alive.

This brought them to now, Melanie got changed into a white vest top, some black baggy jeans and straightened her hair before she and Alice made their way downstairs to prepare Bella as Charlie was determined to come and see her.

"When will he be here?" Melanie asked walking into the sitting room.

"Ten minutes," Carlisle replied.

"Well let's get teaching." She clapped her hands as Alice began, the pixie girl walked over to the newborn, explaining what she was doing before helping Bella put in brown contacts. "These will irritate your eyes at first."

"The main thing is not to move too fast," Carlisle explained.

"Try taking a seat. Crossing your legs." Esme said, Bella nodded, standing up before accidentally speeding towards the chair. "Maybe a tad slower. Hmm."

"And blink at least three times a minute." Alice chimed in, Melanie laughed as Bella began blinking rapidly. "Good."

"For a cartoon character." Jacob joked.

"Hold your breath, it'll make you not want to rip your dad's head off," Melanie said earning a Strange look from everyone in the room.

"What? I was just trying to help." She shrugged, plopping herself down onto the couch.

"Just don't forget to move your shoulders so it looks like your breathing."

"And don't sit so straight. Humans don't do that." Rose explained, watching Bella slouch.

"Okay. I got it. Move around, blink, slouch." Bella started but stopped as she heard her fathers car approaching from outside.

"Good luck," Esme whispered, as she along with everyone else made their way out of the room.

"How do you think she'll do?" Melanie asked Alice.

"She'll do great," Alice replied with a smile, Melanie nodded in response, pulling the smaller girl in for a hug as she kissed the top of her head.

An hour so so later, Charlie left, Bella had successfully not lost control, and everything was somewhat back to normal.

"Well done, Bella. Never seen a newborn show that kind of restraint." Jasper complimented impressed, as he, Emmett and Melanie stood at the front door.

"I'm not sure she is a newborn. She's so tame."

"Emmett don't antagonize her. She's the strongest one in the house." Edward spoke, earning a scoff from Melanie. "Okay, second strongest."

"Please." Emmett snored, cracking his knuckles.

Bella took the challenge that Emmett was silently throwing at her, so now the family stood in the woods, watching Emmett carry a large rock in front of Bella. "Don't hurt yourself, Emmett."

The two vampires clasped their hands together, putting their free ones behind their back, as they began to prepare for the arm wrestle.

"Alright, on three," Jasper yelled in his strong southern accent. "One, two, three!"

Instantly, both Emmett and Bella started pushing towards the opposite end, Emmett smirked when he pushed Bella's hand down a little, only for Bella to push back stronger, and within a second the newborn had won.

"Did you see that?" She asked her husband, a large smile never leaving her face. The family laughed as she started punching and kicking the rock, watching it crumble to pieces.

WORDS: 638
STATUS: UNEDITED
NOTE: I'm sorry for the short chapter shshhdhdhd

WORDS: 638STATUS: UNEDITEDNOTE: I'm sorry for the short chapter shshhdhdhd