XXX.

CATCHING SNOWFLAKES

CATCHING SNOWFLAKES

As the weeks and months went on, it seemed Renesmee was growing at an incredible and unnatural speed, everyone was worried about how long they would have with her, but it just made every moment more precious.

Later that day, Bella had surprisingly asked Melanie to go with her, Jacob and Renesmee so Renesmee could catch snowflakes as she usually did.

Jacob in this wolf form stood a little further behind as the two vampires stood together, it was an awkward silence before Bella spoke up.

"I know you've had problems with me, and how I deal with things in the past, but I'd just like to apologize, I know all you wanted to do was protect your family, and with me coming along, came with a threat, Edward and I were both selfish, all we thought about was ourselves."

Melanie raised her eyebrow in surprise, she never expected Bella to apologize for the trouble she had put their family through, she hadn't even expected Bella to notice.

"I was very angry at you." Melanie started. "Both of you, actually. But in some way, deep down, I think I get why you both acted the way that youse did, you were each other's first and only love, and if it was me with Alice, I think I would have acted the same way."

Bella knew that was all she was going to get from Melanie, and she was content with that, that was her way of apologizing too, without actually saying the words, the Denali was very stubborn, and was blinded by that stubbornness.

But at least now, they were somewhat friends.

Renesmee ran towards her mother and auntie with a smile on her face. "Look, a snowflake." She cheerfully spoke, holding out her small hand and showing it off.

"It's beautiful," Bella said, crouching down so she was on the level. "Why don't you go get another one?"

"Edward thinks that we'll find answers in Brazil," Bella spoke. "There are tribes there that might know something."

Melanie watched Renesmee jump high into the air to catch the snowflake, but something else caught her eye.

Her adopted sister, standing high in the mountains, quite the distance away.

"Who was that?"

"My sister." Melanie replied, "Irina!" She yelled, watching the blonde turn around and run away, Melanie was quick to chase after her, Bella following behind.

But by the time Melanie caught up and was standing on the cliff, Irina was gone. "Where did she go?" Bella asked once she arrived.

The group sped back to the Cullen home and explained to Carlisle what had happened.

"Tanya convinced Irina to come to reconcile with us," Carlisle explained as he got off the phone.

"It looks like she changed her mind," Edward spoke up from his place at the piano.

"Seeing Jacob must have been too much for her," Esme said.

"Wish I could have just spoken to her." Bella sighed.

"She's family, she'll come around, eventually." Melanie rolled her eyes.

Renesmee and Edward began playing a song on the piano, a song that Melanie had thought Edward when they had first met, and a song that they both had begin to teach Renesmee.

A moment later, Alice walked in, a smile on her face and a vase of flowers in her hand, when suddenly the vase fell, smashing to the floor.

Melanie's eyes shot from the piano to her wife in a heartbeat, looking at Alice worriedly before she sped over, touching Alice's shoulder gently before asking what was wrong.

"The Volturi. They're coming for us." Alice spoke before beginning to explain the vision. "Aro, Caius, Marcus, the Guard. And Irina."

"Honey, come here," Bella said, instantly Renesmee ran into her mother's arms.

"Why?" Carlisle asked, stepping forward.

"What did Irina see in the woods?" Edward questioned.

"We were just walking," Bella replied.
"- Ness was catching snowflakes." Jacob continued.

Melanie gasped at Edwards thoughts, suddenly it all begins to make sense. "Of course." She whispered to herself, gaining a strange look from everyone minus Edward. "Irina thinks Renesmee's an immortal child."

WORDS: 692
STATUS: UNEDITED
NOTE: God, these chapters just keep getting shorter & shorter.