XXXII.

LYING

LYING

Melanie tossed and turned in her and Alice's bed alone, she didn't like this, she physically couldn't get comfortable.

I suppose that's a good thing though, considering she has to get up anyway otherwise she won't be able to travel to Alaska with Edward, Bella, Renesmee and Jacob.

She had agreed to go with them a few hours ago, when Edward came into her room begging her too, thinking if she went with them, the Denali's would agree quicker.

Which he was probably right about.

An hour or so passed, and Melanie had a small bag of her essentials ready and she was dressed to leave, she huffed as she jumped out of her, made her way into the closet and picked out an outfit to wear.

She knew she had to wear something that made humans believe she was one of them, it would be Alaska, and she couldn't wear a pair of trousers and a top and call it a day, even if she couldn't feel the cold.

She chose a grey sweater, a black blazer, pair of denim jeans and some black boots, and if any humans did see her, she'd pretend to still be cold.

With her bag swung over her shoulder, she made her way downstairs

Rosalie who had noticed her first smiled at the girl, but her smile faltered a little when she noticed Alice wasn't beside her like she usually is. "Hi, where's Alice? Isn't she usually joined to your hip?" The blonde joked.

"I'm not sure actually, she wasn't there when I was getting ready earlier," Melanie replied, worry in her voice as she tried her best to play off the fact she knew exactly where Alice was.

Rosalie shrugged thinking nothing of it, which made Melanie smirk, knowing this would be a piece of cake, it wasn't like she liked lying to her family, in fact, one thing Melanie did hate was liars, but she knew this was important, and she knew her family would understand once they found out.