𝟎𝟏𝟔. 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐒 ✓

⁺◟ STARDUST ! ⋆·˚ ❪ ✦♥ ❫
❛ chapter sixteen ❜

⊹₊ ⋆ THE PLANE RIDE TO ITALY DIDN'T TAKE AS long as Melanie assumed it would be, though it didn't make much of a different as every moment felt like it was dragging in

THE PLANE RIDE TO ITALY DIDN'T TAKE AS long as Melanie assumed it would be, though it didn't make much of a different as every moment felt like it was dragging in. Every minute they took was more time Edward had to provoke the Volturi.

Melanie was currently driving some random women's yellow car at an incredible speed that made the view blurry for Bella, since they left the airport she hadn't been able to figure out what they were driving past. The human gasped, holding on to the door as the car drifted around a corner. "I'm guessing you didn't rent this car?"

"We figured you wouldn't be opposed to grand theft auto," Alice replied from her place in the passenger seat, Melanie had been driving the full time because she was concerned if Alice had a vision and would crash, and then the human really would be dead and all their efforts would be for nothing.

"Not today."

"What do you see, Alice?" Melanie questioned as she saw her wife staring into nothing, this obviously caught Bella's attention.

"They refused him," Alice spoke. "So...?" Bella continued.

"He'll make a scene, show himself to the humans so the Volturi don't have a choice."

"No! When?" Bella gasped.

"He's gonna wait until noon when the sun's at its highest," Alice explained.

"Melanie, you gotta hurry up," Bella spoke in fear.

"If I go any faster the bloody wheels will come off." Melanie snapped, pressing her foot harder on the accelerator.

"That's Volterra," Alice spoke trying to distract both of the girls from there stress, Bella looked to her left to see a beautiful town.

"Stupid humans," Melanie yelled as she continued to press on the horn yelling them to get out of the way, it's common sense, you see a car driving towards you, you move. But clearly, they didn't understand that.

"Why are they all in red?" Bella blurted.

"San Marco's Day festival," Alice replied. "They're commemorating the expulsion of vampires from the city. It's the perfect setting. The Volturi will never let him get far enough to reveal himself."

"We have five minutes."

"Just breathe, Bella." Melanie continued to drive until she was stopped. "You're the only one he can't see coming."