𝟎𝟐𝟏. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 ✓

⁺◟ STARDUST ! ⋆·˚ ❪ ✦♥ ❫
❛ chapter twenty one ❜

⊹₊ ⋆ MELANIE STOOD WITH HER ARMS WRAPPED around Alice's shoulders from behind, her chin rested comfortably on the smaller girl's The tension in the air was thick, the newborns were coming

MELANIE STOOD WITH HER ARMS WRAPPED around Alice's shoulders from behind, her chin rested comfortably on the smaller girl's The tension in the air was thick, the newborns were coming...

"They're almost here," Melanie said as the rush of hundreds of newborns' thoughts entered Melanie's mind. She pressed a kiss onto Alice's head before spinning the smaller girl around to face her. "You be careful okay? I know you can protect yourself but... I don't know what I'd do if anything happened to you."

Alice nodded, smiling slightly, before letting go of Melanie. Both girls go into their protective stance like the rest of the family.

They had the upper hand, they had the wolves and they had Melanie, whose powers only seemed to grow the more she practised them, and that's what she had spent the past four days doing, almost every minute of every day she practiced her powers incase she had to protect Alice.

That's all it was about. Alice.

The Cullen's could hear them as they grew closer, their feet quickly hitting the ground as they ran, stomping on the leaves beneath their feet, it was only a matter of a second before they would see them.

As soon as the newborns emerged from the trees, the vampires ran towards them, Melanie punching the first newborn she came in contact with, smashing its stone-cold head right off its body.

As the others fought hand-to-hand, Melanie used her abilities as it was easier and quicker, She was watching the red energy wrap itself around three vampires at a time, crushing them to pieces.

The wolves jumped over a large rock, growling, You could hear the crunch as their large canines broke their stone bodies in an instant.

Melanie used her telekinesis to fling a newborn into the air, At the same time Sam came jumping up, ripping its head off with its teeth.

A newborn emerged from the trees while Melanie used her powers on another, managing to catch her off guard and get his arms around Melanie's neck, but before it could crush her she used her energy, hitting herself in the stomach, the red energy phasing straight through her and pushing the newborn back, then she grabbed both of his arms, ripping them apart and then using the side of her hand, cutting his head clean off.

Just as she was about to attack more, she saw one newborn chasing after Alice, She chased after him, jumping into the air, pushing him to the ground and then wrapping her arm around his head into a headlock and pulling his head off.