𝟎𝟎𝟒. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐂𝐂𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐓 ✓

STARDUST ! ·˚
❛ chapter four ❜

⊹₊ ⋆ A WEEK HAD PASSED AND EDWARD AND Melanie had returned home to Forks, Melanie was over the moon to see her wife again, but she did in some way wish she could have stayed a little longer

A WEEK HAD PASSED AND EDWARD AND
Melanie had returned home to Forks, Melanie was over the moon to see her wife again, but she did in some way wish she could have stayed a little longer.

Alice, Melanie along with Jasper and Caroline pulled up in the school parking lot early that morning, Emmett, Rosalie and Edward not far behind.

Melanie made her way out of the car, pulling up her denim jeans and fixing her red hoodie before walking to the other end of the car and opening it for Alice

The group stood at their cars like they usually did, Caroline stood with her head leaning against Jaspers, Emmett with his arm around Rosalie's shoulders, Alice stood in front of Melanie with Melanie's arms wrapped around her waist as Alice lay ag...

The group stood at their cars like they usually did, Caroline stood with her head leaning against Jaspers, Emmett with his arm around Rosalie's shoulders, Alice stood in front of Melanie with Melanie's arms wrapped around her waist as Alice lay against her.

"You'll know when she's here Edward," Alice told her adoptive brother as he looked around the parking lot for his blood-singer.

"You'll smell her before you see her," Melanie mumbled as she rested her chin on her wife's shoulder.

Just as the words left Melanie's mouth the sound of Bella's truck drove into the car park causing the Cullens and Melanie to look in her direction.

Edward sighed before walking into the school, Melanie following close behind seen as the first class the two shared was, unfortunately, Biology.

"If you feel like you're losing control again, you can leave. I'm sure Carlisle will understand." Edward whispered looking back in his seat to Melanie.

"I can't continue to run from my problems, if I continue to do that then it'll never get better," Melanie replied before getting her books out of her bag and looking out the window.

Bella's scent was recognisable to both Edward and Melanie, they knew it was her without having to lift their eyes from their stuff.

Melanie just hoped she was able to control her urges, she didn't want to disappoint her family.

Bella, on the other hand, was shocked to see the duo back again, she had been convinced they left because of her, what she didn't know is that she was right.

"Hello," Edward spoke in a quiet voice but loud enough for Bella to hear him, the human turned around in surprise, not expecting him to speak to her.

"I'm sorry, I didn't get a chance to introduce myself last week. I'm Edward Cullen. You're Bella?"

God, this was going to be a disaster Melanie thought.

"Um... Yes." Bella replied.

"Onion root til cells, that's what's on your slides right now. Okay? So, separate and label them into the phases of mitosis, and the first partners that get it right are gonna win... the Golden Onion." Mr Molina spoke causing most of the students to boo.

Luckily for Melanie, she didn't have a partner, the death stares she gives everyone who comes near her was enough for the students to do anything in their power to stay away.

So she got to sit back and listen to Edwards horrible attempt at a conversation.

"Ladies first." The Cullen boy spoke pushing the equipment towards Bella.

"You were gone." Bella addresses as she looks through the glass.

"Yeah. I was out of town for a couple of days. Personal reasons." Edward explained

"Prophase," Bella mumbles pushing the equipment back.

"Do you mind if I look?" Edward questions.

"This is great. Really, Edward, you're doing a fantastic job." Melanie said in her head.

"Shut up," The younger boy shot back.

"It's prophase." He says to Bella as he writes it down in his book.

"Like I said." Bella returns sound sassier than she was originally intended.

"So are you enjoying the rain?" Edward asks his blood-singer. It took everything in Melanie's willpower to not burst out laughing in the middle of the class.

"You're asking me about the weather?" Bella asks almost as amused as Melanie. Keyword. Almost, Melanie would never let this go.

"Yeah, I... I guess I am."

"Well, I don't really like the rain. Any cold, wet thing, I don't really..." Bella stutters.

Edward scoffs at her response slightly which as a result Bella questioned it.

After that Melanie blocked out the rest of their conversation, assuming it wouldn't have been amusing anymore, she took the equipment and started jotting down the answers quickly before the bell rang.

The rest of the day flew by but Melanie had a feeling in her stomach that something bad was going to happen.

Alice and Melanie stood next to the car, Melanie holding an umbrella over both of their heads, they were chatting amongst themselves when the sound of car tires screeching through the parking lot.

The van was heading straight towards Bella.

"Edward don't even-" Melanie started but before she could continue the Cullen boy was already speeding towards the human.

"Distract them, Jasper, I'll try and change what they're seeing," Melanie instructed as she let go of Alice's hand and put them both to her side.

The red mist started to cover her hands as she closed her eyes to concentrate more, She had changed what people have seen before yes but never this many people.

After a few seconds of commotion, most people's view had been changed so they didn't see Edward but only Bella laying there on the ground.

Rosalie took a hold of the taller girls hand, pulling her into the car so they could make their way to the hospital.

"I can't believe that idiot." Rosalie sneered as she got into the driver's seat, Jasper held the door open for the now exhausted Melanie and her wife.

Melanie sat in the back seat with Alice, her head leaning on her hands trying to get rid of the headache she had.

"Come here." Alice soothed as she pulled Melanie in closer.

Melanie rested her head on Alice's shoulder as Alice pressed a soft kiss onto Melanie's head.

Jasper who was sat in the front seat concentrated on his adoptive sister's wife, hoping to use his abilities to make her feel better.

Which it did.