𝟎𝟐𝟎. 𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐃𝐔𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 ✓

⁺◟ STARDUST ! ⋆·˚ ❪ ✦♥ ❫
❛ chapter twenty ❜

⊹₊ ⋆ MELANIE HUFFED WHILE GETTING READY, pulling the black skirt up her legs

MELANIE HUFFED WHILE GETTING READY, pulling the black skirt up her legs. According to Alice, humans wouldn't go to their graduation wearing a sweatshirt and jeans. Which means she would have to dress up. She pulled a long-sleeved black turtle neck over her head, before putting on her black tights and black boots.

Once Alice was finished curling her hair, she slung on the ugly yellow robe and its matching graduation cap.

The group of vampires, excluding Edward, all made their way to the school, Alice, Melanie, Jasper and Caroline in one car, and then Rosalie, Emmett, Esme and Carlisle in the other.

The only thing getting her through today was the party tonight, that's hoping it wouldn't go tits up like the last one. The 'teenagers' all sat together, listening to Jessica give her valedictorian speech.

"When we were five, they asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up. Our answers were always things like astronauts, president... or, in my case, a princess. When we were ten they asked us again. We answered, rock star, cowboy-"

At the mention of a cowboy, Melanie looked over at Jasper, putting her hand in a gun movement, aiming it into the air and mouthing the words "pow pow." Jasper laughed to himself quietly, careful not to let anyone else hear.

"-Or, in my case, a gold medalist. But now that we've grown up, they want a serious answer. Well, how about this? Who the hell knows? This isn't the time to make hard-and-fast decisions. This is the time to make mistakes. Take the wrong train and get stuck somewhere. Fall in love, a lot. Major in philosophy, because there's no way to make a career out of that. Change your mind, and change it again, because nothing permanent

So make as many mistakes as you can. That way, someday, when they ask what we want to be... we won't have to guess. We'll know."

•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅•

Later that night at the party, Melanie stayed in the same clothes, but taking off the cap and gown and putting a black blazer on instead.

Alice had gone all out as expected, fairy lights were hung, music was playing, there was so much food that Melanie and Bella would probably get made to eat because there was no chance it was all getting finished.

She was lay on one of the couches, talking with Jasper and Emmett when she noticed Bella out of the corner of her eye, the poor girl looked lost.

She excused herself and made her way over to the human. "Hey, you looked like you were about to freak out," Melanie said in an attempt to make conversation.