𝟎𝟐𝟐. 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇 𝐃𝐎 𝐔𝐒 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 ✓

⁺◟ STARDUST ! ⋆·˚ ❪ ✦♥ ❫
❛ chapter twenty two ❜

⊹₊ ⋆ MELANIE AND HER FAMILY HAD BEEN spending the past two weeks decorating the house and the forest that surrounded it for Bella and Edward's wedding

MELANIE AND HER FAMILY HAD BEEN spending the past two weeks decorating the house and the forest that surrounded it for Bella and Edward's wedding. Alice had been throwing orders to everyone to make sure it was perfect, as she had been planning it a few months before Bella even said yes to the proposal.

Now, while Caroline and Alice was busy helping Bella get dressed, Melanie was in her bedroom getting herself ready, along with her best friend... or well, brother. Niklaus had arrived in Forks three days ago, meeting Bella and helping the Cullen's, and seeing his sister, it was a weird thing to call her, they had always seen each other as family, but to learn they were family by blood, it was different, a good different.

"Mel, I need your help." She heard Nik call from her bathroom.

"Give me a second," Melanie replied from her room, she brushed her fingers through her hair and readjusted her blazer. With no surprise, Alice attempted to convince Melanie to wear a dress, though she new it was no use, Melanie was sure her little pixie only did it to annoy her at this point.

She walked into the bathroom to find Nik, stood in front of a mirror, failing miserably at tying his tie, she let out a loud laugh, alerting Nik that she was there, he pouted at her reaction.

"Come here." She laughed, he walked closer to her so she could fix it for him. "You'd think after years of being alive you'd know how to do this."

"Are you excited?" He questions out of the blue, she frowned in confusion, looking up at him causing him to continue. "For the wedding."

"If anything I'm more excited to see Carmen and the rest of my family." She replied, moving his tie to the right and then tapping his shoulders, signalling she was finished.

"Does she know?" He asks, watching as she moves to sit at the bench that was placed at the end of her and Alice's bed.

"Yes." She sighed, fixing the strap on her heel before looking up at her brother. "They all do, Carmen thinks it's bullshit, that no matter who's blood I am, I'll always be her sister."

"It's true," Nik assured, taking a seat beside her, pulling her in for a hug, careful not to mess up her curls because he knows he would lose his head. "They will always be your family, just like mine will always be mine, blood doesn't make a person family."

She nodded, taking her head off his shoulder and smiling up at him. "I better go make sure Alice hasn't killed Bella yet, I'll see you after the ceremony." She pecked his cheek, before walking out of the room.

"Are you going to see Bella?" A voice that she recognised as Rosalie snapped Melanie out of her thoughts as she walked through the halls of the Cullen resistance.

"Yes."

"Can I come with you?" Rosalie asked.

Melanie raised her eyebrow in surprise and a little shock. "I'm surprised you want to."

"Oh, shut up." Rosalie smiled, hooking her arm around Melanie's, the girls arrived at the room Alice, Caroline and Bella were in, in a matter of second.

"Do you need some help? I could do her hair." Rosalie questioned as the duo walked into the room, Melanie leaving her side to wrap her arms around Alice, kissing her cheek multiple times before taking a seat next to Bella and Caroline.

"Really?" Bella asked surprised.

"Please." Rosalie scoffed. "I'm not offended by your choice of groom."

"Just my blatant lack of respect for mortality."

"Essentially." "Exactly." Rosalie and Melanie spoke in unison.

Alice smiled at everyone in the room. "Weddings. They bring everyone together."

"Alice? Bella?" A voice that Melanie didn't recognise yelled from the hallway.

Bella smiled. "In here, mom."

A woman, walked in in a purple dress, a smile beaming from her face. "Oh, my gosh!" She squealed after seeing her daughter. "You're so beautiful. Crap! My mascara."

Alice whipped out a handkerchief from god knows where passing it to Bella's mom. "Charlie, get in here!" Renée yelled for her ex-husband.

Melanie recognised the man who came in, as Bella's dad, the duo only met briefly once when Alice and Caroline went to Bella's house to tell him their family were going camping and that Bella was going with them.

Little did he know instead they were fighting an army of newborns.

Bella looked at her father in shock, from never seeing him in a suit and all dressed up before. "I know. I look hot." He joked.

"That he does," Caroline whispered low enough that only the vampires in the room heard, Melanie laughed loudly, earning everyone in the rooms attention, quickly she covered it up with a fake cough.

"We thought you needed something blue." Renée smiled, opening up a box with a silver and blue diamond hair clip.

"And something old. Besides your mother." Charlie continued, attempting to make a joke that no one laughed at, well no one besides Melanie. "It was Grandma Swan's."

"But we added the Sapphires." Said, Renée as she pointed at the blue gems.

"It's beautiful you guys. Wow. Thank you so much."

Melanie who was already bored of the sentimental family time, sneaked out the room, unseen and unheard by the humans, walking out the house in search of Nik and Jasper.

A little while later, Melanie was stood talking with the Denali's when classical music started to play, signalling everyone to go to their seats and prepare.

Only a minute or two later, Bella came walking down the aisle, Charlie at her side, the dress Alice picked out was beautiful, she had to admit, her wife had excellent taste.

A smile laid on Melanie's face as she watched Bella stand beside Edward.

The minister moved his hands, gesturing everyone to take their seats. "Ladies and gentlemen, we are gathered here on this glorious day to witness the union of Edward Cullen and Bella Swan. Please repeat after me."

"I, Edward Cullen, take you, Bella Swan, to have and to hold," Edward repeated, smiling down at Bella. "For better or for worse."

Melanie held Alice close, as she watched the human that she had somewhat grown fond of, and one of her best friends, repeat their vows.

"I do."
"I do."

The two pulled each other in for a kiss, as their family and friends all clapped happily, at the new married couple.