thirty

Matti Williams

Matti Williams

I didn't sleep at all last night.

It was 5:30 when I decided to leave the room. I tiptoed out of it, nervous that Black would still be sitting outside of the door waiting to confront me. But to my surprise, she wasn't there. After twenty minutes of her banging on the door and crying for me to come out to talk to her she just became silent. She was probably exhausted from everything.

Just about ten hours ago she got roofied- so I could assume her body was still going through the process of getting it out of her system.

I slipped on my shoes that were by the door and quietly exited the house. Instead of taking my car, I was in for a good walk.

It was very cold and dark outside early in the morning.

I just needed to find something to ground me like she did.

I walked down the cracked sidewalks stepping on the dew covered leaves, the wet and crunching of the leaves was the only thing that could be heard besides my breathing.

I had gone through hell and back these last eight days.

It was like it had almost been a fucking set up of some sort. I didn't want anything to do with Chloe. It was like I had done a whole 360 in the midst of three weeks.

I didn't commit to anything but football.

Although that was true, I had a few people I could add to the committed list and at the top of that list was her.

I kicked the pile of leaves before looking up and staring at the moon. Because I knew at sometime throught this fucking crazy 24 hours— she looked at it too.

It would be torture to put us both through anything more than what we had already been put through.

I turned another corner with a destination in mind.

I needed my good place to think and my comfort place right about now.

I needed to go to the place where I was in control because I didn't feel like I had any control over my life at the moment.