bonus chapter number 2

Naomi Williams

Naomi Williams

The kitchen smelled like coffee, I looked like a mess, but I was a mom so it was okay.

"Dad! Can you get me more tampons?" I spilled my coffee as Stella yelled for Matti from the top of the stairs. I whipped my head around to look at Matti who was not even phased at this point.

He was elbow deep in packing lunches.

"Yeah Stell, just text me what you want!" He yelled back to her. He locked eyes with me as I gave him an amused smile. "What?" His voice was accusing as I winked.

"Matti mentality, huh babe?" He narrowed his eyes at me before zipping the last lunch box.

My life had been a journey.

Estella James was now a full-fledged fifteen-year-old drama queen. However, she was nothing like me at all, she had completely grown out of me. She was all Matti—that is one thing I would be for sure of.

Standing at a mere five foot ten inches, she was the person I would call when I needed something from the top shelf if Matti weren't home. She was a tank at swimming and we could thank Chandler for that.

Chandler forced Stella to start and they had been inseparable from the sport ever since.

I had two children that had freshly just turned seven. They were the most polar opposite children that I had ever known. Seventh birthday in a new state, what did they want to do?

Slater and all of his 'cousins' minus a couple, played flag football in the yard while scarfing down pizza.

Sage, my angel, we went to a butterfly exhibit. She was a freak of nature and I loved it. Matti had his two and I finally had my one. I had a daughter that understood me, she understood that sports sucked and that she would rather have her nail polish chipped.

She wasn't afraid to get dirty either, it was everything Stella wasn't but it wasn't a bad thing.

It was like comparing apples to oranges, I couldn't.

"Slater! Sage! I want pictures of you two hugging before we go!" I called out from the bottom of the stairs.

Slater appeared, his tie undone and his shirt untucked. I chuckled, "Matt, help him." Slater sprinted down the stairs sliding across the hardwood on his socks. His dark hair was gelled down onto his head.

"Jeez, did you use the entire tube?" I teased as he winked at me. "Mom, I need to look good for the ladies." I snorted. Matti just shook his head, pulling him closer by the tie. "I hate this uniform thing."

"Yeah, but you get used to it. Just remember—you're privileged to go here. It's a good school." We made sure to make sure that our kids weren't brats.

It was a new school for everyone.

We had all sat down as a family last year and thought out this move back to Pennslyvania. We were going to do it before the twins were born, but Stella had a life back there. Matti felt like he had a duty to Detroit, and I was tied down to the hospital.