sixty

happy three hundred thousand.
i can't even begin to thank you all enough for the love and friendships you have given me. We truly are in this together as our own little friend group.
I love you all.

xoxo.

Matti Williams

Matti Williams

Sunday December 14th.

"Hey bro—uh wait, what are all these boxes up here for?" Blake asked, barging in. I sighed, well better to tell him. I spun on my feet and clapped my hands. "I'm going back," I state as he raises his eyebrows. "You're leaving? After one bad day?" He asked with humor.

I nodded, reaching for the packing tape.

"You can't be serious—you aren't actually going to leave her." Blake crossed his arms over his chest.

I shrugged, "Blake. I have no other option. You heard what Reese said—UCLA Medical Center is far away. It's better if I just end things now." I conclude as Blake groans.

"Dude—you're such a fucking idiot! She's going to get into wherever she wants to get into if you just leave her alone for the next few days!" He tried to reason with me as I walked into my closet.

"But I can't! Why should I have to? Who's to say nobody will ruin it for us in the future?" I exclaim at him, walking back out of the closet.

But then I groan, a shiny collar catching my eye.

Mimi's collar.

I covered my mouth and stared at it.

I didn't want to go.

"Okay—but you're at least going to wait until tomorrow right? After art? That way she passes the class?" He assumes as I shake my head. "No—we're done. I said my goodbyes today." I state but he walked over to sit on my bed.

"Exactly, you got to say your goodbyes not her. Quit being an unfair douchebag." He threw a quarter at me, and I dodged it.

I sighed, "Blake. I just— I can't actually say goodbye to her. I can't hear her cries, I can't be around her when she's like that. And she will be like that—" He cuts me off.

"Good god you fucking dumbass! She's like that because she loves you, she would kiss the ground you walked on if she could. You're going to regret this." He states as I make eye contact with him and slowly nod.

Because I would regret this.

I fucking loved that girl so much.

But now I had to be selfish and protect her—to make sure her future was safe.

I sat down at my desk and stared at the note I was leaving her. My heart broke with every-word I wrote, the paper was still somewhat splattered with my tears.

"You aren't even going to be here to celebrate if she gets into the pediatrics area?" He asked, voice heightened with emotion. I swallowed, not looking at him and I shook my head unable to respond.