thirty-seven

Naomi Black

Naomi Black

The kiss in the rain was the most cliche—Princess Diaries—like moment I've ever had in my life. I felt like I just one upped Kate and William. Matti knew how to be romantic without even trying, and it was funny because this boy hadn't ever had a girlfriend in his life.

I guess having no previous relationships was just another thing we had in common.

We actually had so much in common it was scary.

I felt like I had known him my entire life—well I was supposed to if my path would've been different.

It felt natural with Matti—we were as smooth as oil, but most of the time we were like oil and water; we didn't mix.

"You can't start a sentence with that." I spoke as his eyes bulged out of his head. "Yes I can. I'm Matti Williams—" I cut his egoistical comment off. "Well, I hate to break it to you babe, but grammar doesn't care who you are." I laugh in between my words.

"Did you just call me babe?" His mouth drops open in shock. I shrugged, "Maybe I did, maybe I didn't." He laughed at me.

It was three hours after the kiss in the rain and we were cuddled up in my room. Everyone else was in the living room watching a scary movie, but I didn't like scary movies. Matti however, did like them. He just decided to not watch the movie but to instead follow me into my room and watch me type my midterm for art.