💚 Sorry 💚

Tw: mention of suicide, cutting

She landed in front of her sister. Her short hair was in her face. Tears streaming down. Blood everywhere on her. Her sister look up, running towards their sister.

She lift her head up. Eyes red, tears coming nonstop. "I couldn't save him." She whisper. "What?" Blossom asked as she clean her sister up. "I couldn't save him!" She yelled and fell on her knees. Crying and begging to let this be a dream.

"Things were supposed to get better!" She yelled. Hitting the floor. Screaming. "That just reality Buttercup! There's nothing we can do." Blossom yelled to her as she hugged her. Buttercup was body shaking. "I can't fix this mess." She cried.

"We can't go and fixed the past! Just let it go!" Blossom yelled again. Buttercup turned to her. "You don't understand. I love him! I fucking love him." She cried harder. Her body going weak. Bubbles cried, couldn't bare to see her strongest sister cry.

Blossom sigh and took a deep breath. "I'm sorry. Buttercup. But he is gone and there is nothing we can do... Nothing. We save the city and then go home. When we are superheros, we always can't save the ones we love." Blossom mutters.

Buttercup look at her sister. "I fucking hate you for being right." She mutters and force a laugh. She then look at the body, his body. She took a deep breath and flew home. Ignoring her sister yells.

☔︎

"Did you hear?"
"What?"
"She couldn't save her boyfriend."
"Damn, really?"
"Yea, she then went home wishing she was dead."
"Wow, dramatic much?"
"I know right."

Buttercup ignore the talks. Her eyebags noticeable. Her eyes red from crying all night. Her arms red from her doing. "Buttercup?" She heard a small voice she turned and saw Bubbles. She had a bag of food.

"Here you didn't eat breakfast." She said with a smile. Buttercup stared at it. She then took it, not thanking her sister like usually. Bubbles felt a litte hurt by her action. Buttercup turned a coner and threw away the breakfast.

"I don't need it." She mutters. She wanted to cry again but didn't. Instead she fell back into a memory. A happy one.

"Come here!" He laughs. She shook her head. "No it has to be you!" She giggled and then closed her mouth. "You giggled?!" He yelled surprise. She shook her head. "Nope!" She laugh and ran away from him. But of course he was faster and caught her.

"You silly goose"

"Snap out of it!" She mutters to herself. She then went up the roof. She sat down and rest her head on the wall. Crying. "I missed you.." She mutters. "Missed who?" Someone asked. She turned and saw Butch.

She frown. "You know." She answer. Butch raised an eyebrow. "Oh.." He finally understood. After all he was there when it happen. She smiled through her tears. "What would you do if you were in the same situation?" She asked.

Butch shurgged. "I would probably be like you." He mutters. Buttercup smiled weakly. "It's hard to forget someone you loved" she mutters. Butch rubbed her back. "I'm not good with things like these but you need to move on, Butters, stop living in the past." He says.

"I can't!" She answer crying more. Tears streaming. He then hugged her. "Please forget about it." He answer. She then stop crying. "Does it work?" She asked. Butch laughs quietly. "Yea kind of. Once the memory is gone then maybe you won't be sad." he answer.

"After all, losing someone does hurt but seeing you hurt makes me feel more weak" he answer with hint of honesty in his voice. Buttercup hold his hand and then let it go. "And i don't want you to be sad... So please do me a favor and forget about this, that it ever happen." He begged.

Buttercup closes her eyes and leans on the wall. "Then, why is it hard to forget about you?" She mutters. She then put her head on her knees. "I missed you Butch, I fucking missed you! Why couldn't it have been me!" She cried even more.

She hit the wall on repeat. Remembering about Butch saving her life. The way they had a argument before it happen. The way she saw him getting killed in front of her. The way she scream and beat the shit out of the monster. Every single memory hit her like a brick. She then felt herself stop crying.

Wiping her tears she mutters. "Sorry Butch but i won't forget you." She whimpers. "Never" she choked out.

The end
I cried making this- and my sister wanted to kill me once she read this.