Chapter 4 Sweet Dreams (rewritten)

I'm bad with words,
I hope you're good in reading eyes.
____________________________________________________________________
Olivia Brown

Ugh.

I had such a headache.

Something soft was under me, it wasn't my bed, my bed wasn't this soft. I felt around me with my hands, yep, definitely not my bed, this one was huge. I slowly opened my eyes, but I closed them as fast as I could. There was bright light coming from the window. My eyes blinked several times until it got used to the light.

The room was huge and bright, with white walls and furniture. My eyes couldn't focus on anything, everything was spinning.

I slowly got up from the bed and looked around. I had never been here. Where was I?

Slowly, memories from yesterday were coming back to me. The fight with Mateo, the arranged marriage. Then I was forced to pack my stuff. Joseph arrived, said an inappropriate comment about me, and dragged me out of my home. In the black van, he put something in front of my face and nose, so I passed out. Then after that, everything went just black.

This room was bigger than my old one. I would guess this was my room because all of my stuff were here. I even had a walk-in closet, which was a shame since I was going to escape when I got a chance.

I headed to my new bathroom, the floor in the bathroom was white marble and the sink and the handles were in gold. In general, everything here, the bathroom, the walk-in closet and my new bedroom was beautiful, clean and fresh.

Yet, this wasn't my home, my home wasn't in Mateo's house either. Actually, I hadn't had a home for a long time. I didn't feel at home anywhere anymore. A home for me was a place where you felt safe and loved, and I didn't feel that way when I was at Mateo's house, nor here. This was an unknown place to me, and not to talk about this was not what I wanted.

"Miss, you have to come down, boss wants to talk to you," a big guy said emotionlessly when he opened my door without knocking.

Rude much!

I sighed and followed him out of my—no, this wasn't my room, nor would it ever be.

We went down the stairs and came into the living room where Joseph was sitting with a bunch of paperwork in front of him.

What's up with all this paperwork? I mean, you're a mafia leader, you're not a lawyer exactly.

Out of nowhere, Joseph stood up suddenly and began talking.

"I own you now. You're going to do as I please, whenever, whatever I want. Do you understand?" Joseph walked to me, then stopped in front of me. I could feel his disgusting breath on my face. Since he was as short as I was, we came face to face.

I didn't want to do as he pleased, this wasn't even my choice to be with this old, revolting guy. I was angry, but at the same time I wanted to cry. The only thing I wanted to do was to escape from all of this, escape from my life, escape from myself. I didn't even know who I was anymore, I smiled when I was sad, I grinned when I was hurt, I smirked when I was uncomfortable, I giggled when I was disgusted.

But this wouldn't stop me from fighting for myself. And I knew I was going to regret this as it left my tongue.

"You fucking perv, I'm not going to do anything for you. And you wasted your money when you gave it to Mateo. You can buy a hoe who's going to do as you want instead of me, you fool!" I shouted furiously at his face, I was about to slap him when the guy that took me down here, took a hold around my wrist and dragged me backwards. Joseph's face began to turn red. He slowly made his way to me, raised his hand, then slapped me across the face so hard that my face turned to the other side. My right hand was still in the guy's grip, so I brought my left hand to my left cheek.