Chapter 22 Sweet Mercy (rewritten)

Of course I loved him, she says.
You don't give people you don't love the
power to destroy you.
_____________________________________________
Olivia Brown

There was an uncomfortable tension in the vehicle the entire way to the gym. Neither of us talked or looked at each other.

His jaw was clenched as he drove, staring ahead.

I tried to understand him, but it was difficult. Why did he behave so strangely? Perhaps all the men behaved that way, I didn't know. I had never spent time with a man this much to see those kinds of behaviours. However, the other guys didn't behave like that, so maybe that was his personality.

It always felt like he was mad at me, every time he would see me, he would have a scowl on his face. He didn't smile, just smirked. His eyes would darken when he happened to see me.

But then, he went off confusing me by kissing me.

"We've arrived." I heard him grumble. True to his word, we had parked in front of the gym. He got out of the car, didn't even wait for me. Following suit, I walked quickly behind him into the gym.

It felt weird to be here with him alone. It didn't feel the same as being here with Collin, he and I would talk and have fun. But with Antonio, I didn't think that was the case. He didn't talk much, at least not with me. Collin would tell me things about himself, he was nice to me. Antonio on the other hand, he wasn't nice to me even a little bit, and he never talked about himself. I practically only knew his name and nothing more.

It seemed like Antonio was here to work out himself and not here to teach me, judging by his clothes and attitude. Fine with me, then I didn't need to be near him or speak to him.

He headed to the punching bag while I got on the treadmill.

I didn't like running, but Collin suggested some warming up with something easy, like running.

I ran until my legs gave up. Jumping off of the treadmill, I took a gulp of water from my bottle.

For a bit, I glanced at Antonio from across the room. He punched the bag so hard and strongly. He was sweaty, yet good-looking. He took a pause, stopping the punching bag from moving. He brought his hands to the hem of his white shirt, taking off his shirt.

Sweet mercy.
Those abs.
Those abs could kill.
Oh, God.

I thought he was hot with his clothes on but this... wow. I had already a hard time controlling myself when he had clothes on, how was I supposed to control myself now?

I was sure I had a hard time controlling myself, since I had only worked with old men and never had seen young men this attractive.

I gazed at his face, only to find him smirking at me.

But it was a waste to look this good and have a such a shitty personality.

Putting down my water bottle, I walked to the other punching bag beside his. My fists kept hitting the punching bag harder and harder, but the bag barely moved, and my knuckles hurt.

"You don't need to punch hard in order to throw a good punch." His deep voice made me stop.

Huh? "What do you mean?" I gazed beside me.

"You don't need to punch hard in order to make damage. As long as you punch on the right places or kick on the right places, you win," he said, gazing at me.

"So, where are the right place?"

"The sensitive parts. Where you know it'll hurt." He walked closer to me. I felt the warmth from his body on my back. His large hands gripped my wrists.

"You can punch here." He brought my right fist to the same level as a guy's crotch.

"It'll hurt if your opponent is a guy." His warm breath on my neck made my breathing deeper.

"You can kick there instead if you want," he whispered, getting closer to me. His muscular front was flushed against my back.

"You can punch here." He brought my left fist to the same level as my opponent's throat.

Clever.

"You can kick behind your opponent's knee, making him fall down." My breathing was deep and slow, while his breathing was totally normal. Always so put together and collective.

"But you knew that already." His deep chuckle on my neck made me shiver. He was referring to the last time we were at the gym.

The sexual tension between us was heated and strong. His head was between my head and shoulder, smelling me.

Oh, God!

He was doing it again. He was close to me, too close. I couldn't think properly when he was this close.

His hands left my wrists to slowly go up my shoulders.

This needed to stop, I couldn't do this again. He was my kidnapper, for fuck's sake. I hated him, I hated this arrogant bastard. He was cold one minute, then he was hot the next second. He was a bipolar who messed with my head. He was the one who threatened my life, and what was I doing about that? Nothing.

Maybe I was crazy as much as him since I let him come close.

I cleared my throat. "I'm done training. I want to go home."

Stepping out of his grip, I took my water bottle and left the gym.

_________

That was the most uncomfortable car ride I ever had. The tension was heavy in his small sport car. Fortunately, we got home quickly since he drove like a maniac. I think he wanted to get rid of me. And at that, fast.

He got out of the vehicle, walked quickly inside, up to his room. I stared at his back for a second before I sighed and went to my bathroom. Stripping off my clothes, I got under the chilly water.

Done with showering, I went down to the kitchen for dinner. The maids weren't here tonight, so I had to make something myself. I opened the fridge and took out some ingredients.

After some time, I had made a pasta dish my mum had taught me. It was a special recipe my mum had invented. It was delicious. I always ended up making too much, so I saved some for Antonio too.

I ate in silence, alone. It felt almost like no one was home, even though I knew there was.

After I was done eating, I washed the dishes.

I left some food for Antonio on the dining table. Then I made my way back to my room.

From my window you could see it was beginning to get dark, even though it was only 5:30 P.M. it was normal since the fall was almost over, and the nature prepared for winter.

I stared at the stunning nature for a while through my window before I picked up a book and laid down on my bed. I began reading, yet I couldn't take in any of the words I was seeing since Antonio and the underworld were the only things lately on my mind, I couldn't concentrate on anything else.

However, I forced myself to read until I fell asleep. Just before I fell asleep, my mind yet again reminded me of Antonio.

Be a good girl and listen to me, and you will survive.

_________________________________________________
Thanks for reading another chapter of Life Is A Living Hell
Please comment, share and vote!
See you in the next chapter;)