Chapter 25 Amore Che Vieni, Da Me Fuggirai (rewritten with new parts)

Better to be slapped with the truth than kissed with a lie.
____________________________________________
Antonio Romano

I walked out of the building. Olivia was already sitting in the car, waiting for me.

I opened the door to the driver seat. I had already told my chauffeur he could've a day off since I didn't need him anymore.

The second I sat down Olivia gazed at me with confusion.

"Where's the chauffeur?" Olivia asked with her soft voice.

"He went home," I said, putting the vehicle on drive.

"Why did you say I was your wife?" She narrowed her eyes. Like I said before, that asshole didn't want to make a deal with me because he thought I was untrustworthy. But when he thought I had a wife, he looked at me differently, and thought if I was nice enough to have a wife, I was nice and trustworthy enough to do business with him.

Maybe I should bring her to more meetings.

But that wouldn't be necessary since I was a good negotiator.

"Since he gave me the deal when he saw you and thought you were my wife."

She gazed out through the window. She shifted a little in her seat, so her suit jacket fell off a little, showing more of her cleavage. And I didn't fucking understand why she needed to take the damn thing off in the meeting room. Let alone in a meeting room full of men. Not only men, but the kind of men in their sixties that had wives at home but fucked their secretary, they wanted a young tight pussy instead of the wrinkly types they had at home.

"Why don't you ever listen to music in the car?" Her voice brought me out of my thoughts.

Why do you ask so many damn questions?

"I do," I said flatly. I did listen to music but not much and not when she was in the car with me. I didn't know why, I just didn't. I listened to music when I was alone in the car. But now she was with me.

"Then put on some music." Her voice suddenly went from bored to excited.

Cute.

What. The. Fuck. I had never called a woman cute, not even a kid. Maybe because I hated kids, but anyway.

I had to stop myself from thinking about her so much.

Without moving my gaze from the road, I opened my phone for her and tossed it on her lap.

"Choose." She picked up my phone and went into my playlist, glancing at all the songs I had. She lifted her eyebrows before she chose a song.

Volare by Domenico Modugno played softly through the speakers. Diego had showed me this song when we were like fifteen and the fifteen old me loved this song and since then the song had been on my playlist.

I gazed at Olivia. She was smiling, softly singing along and swaying with the song a little. I didn't know why, but it made me smile. I looked away so she wouldn't see it.

She glanced at my phone in her hands again, she pressed on another song, Amore che vieni amore che vai. Fabrizio De André's voice began playing through the speakers.

"What does 'amore che fuggi, da me tornerai' mean?" she asked with her soft voice, staring at the sunset.

"Kind of 'love that runs away, you will return to me'." She smiled a sad smile and continued to sing along.

"E tu che con gli occhi di un altro colore. Mi dici le stesse parole d'amore. Fra un mese, fra un anno, scordate le avrai. Amore che vieni, da me fuggirai. Fra un mese fra un anno scordate le avrai. Amore che vieni, da me fuggirai," she quietly sang, gazing around and found me staring at her. "What?" She smiled. I shook my head and went back to staring at the road.

"What did I just sing?"

"And you with eyes of another colour, you tell me the same words of love. In a month, in a year, you'll forget them. Love that comes, you'll escape from me. In a month, in a year, you will forget them. Love that comes, you'll escape from me," I recited the familiar words.

These songs brought so many memories. Diego and I were homeless and I had stolen a phone from the orphanage. It was a dark summer night and a bit chilly. We were walking around on the streets with this song on the stolen phone. We were famished, we were looking for something to steal and eat. We stole some food from a restaurant, we just walked in and saw a table filled with food; I think someone had made a reservation. Fuck them, we took as much as we could and ran away. We laughed our asses off when we heard the waiter yell at us a bunch of cuss words after us. After some time, we were sitting in a dark alley, eating as we listened to some music. And when we got tired, we broke into a car. We slept in the vehicle until the morning. We lived like that for a week or more, I didn't remember. We stole food from different restaurants every day and broke into different vehicles every night for sleep.

Sometimes we got our ass beaten by the owners of the vehicles when they came to their vehicle before we got out. Sometimes we managed to fight them off but most times they won.

"Where are we eating?" Olivia's soft, calm voice broke into my thoughts. I was so occupied with my own thoughts that I forgot where I was driving or where we should eat.

I saw a restaurant and turned in their car park. I didn't care whether they were five-star or had all those fancy dishes the other restaurants had since this wasn't a date and I didn't care whether she would like the food or not. And I wasn't picky.

I stepped out, headed to the entrance. Not caring whether she followed me or not. I sat down in the corner and picked up my menu. When I put down my menu, I saw Olivia sitting in front of me, glancing at the menu.

"Are you ready to order, sir?" The blond waitress with her breasts so far up you could barely see her face, said with a strange purr. Rolling my eyes, I glanced back at the menu.

"I take a coke and the Vermicelli Alla Puttanesca," I said coldly.

"Good choice, sir," she said with her eyes boring into me, bending, so her tits were in my face, and took my menu.

Stop staring at me!

She smirked and licked her lips. She was about to go when I took a hold of her wrist. Smirking, I looked down at my hand.

"You're not going to ask my friend?" I gazed at Olivia's wide eyes that showed irritation.

Are you jealous, baby?

The waitress's smirk fell.

She cleared her throat. "Sure. What do you want?" She rolled her eyes. Olivia's mouth opened a little, she was taken back by the waitress's rudeness. My gaze fell on her red plump lips. She was so sexy. I bit back a groan.

"The same as he," she said, annoyed.

Good girl.

The waitress took Olivia's menu and disappeared.

__________

We were on our way home after a quiet dinner. The mood had shifted from listening to songs from my childhood to annoyance from her part. I didn't care much; it was fun when she acted like the jealous girlfriend. And the even more fun part was when the waitress left the check, she left her phone number too. Frankly, she didn't look that bad, on rainy day I could use her. I pocketed her number.

Olivia was gazing out; her gaze never left the road. We didn't listen to music anymore. She never once glanced my way. It was sad since I liked her gaze on me strangely.

I parked the car in our garage. Stepping out, I headed inside. I didn't glance back in order to see whether she followed me in or not, she couldn't run away anyway because of the guards.

I was about to close my office door when I heard Olivia close her bedroom door.

Suddenly, I remembered a few sentences from the song.
Amore che vieni amore che vai.
Mi dici le stesse parole d'amore,
Fra un mese, fra un anno, scordate le avrai,
Amore che vieni, da me fuggirai.

___________________________________________
Thanks for reading another chapter of Life Is A Living Hell
Please comment, share and vote!
See you in the next chapter;)