Chapter 49 Kiss It Better (rewritten)

She's an old soul with young eyes,
a vintage heart, and a beautiful mind.
_______________________________
Antonio Romano

All the guys left early in the morning, to set everything up for the war. Diego informed me in a text message, also stating they may be late home.

And yet again I found myself in bed with Leah. Even though I kept telling myself to keep a distance. Don't get too close. Don't get too involved. Don't care.

I gazed at her. She was so beautiful, laying on my bed beside me. So calm and peaceful. Her wavy, dark hair was spread on the pillow, one strand on her face. Her plumb scarlet lips were slightly open, fanning faintly the dark strand of hair. I slowly pushed it behind her ear. My thumb traced over to her bottom lip, stroking her soft lips slowly with my calloused thumb. I gave her lips a small kiss. Then moved my way to her cheek, kissing it softly. I kissed idly down to her neck. My kisses got wetter and more persistent, not caring if she woke up. I sucked her heated flesh. Kissed and sucked. She stirred with a breathy moan. I kissed my way back to her cheek. I stared at her brown eyes that now were lighter and glinting. The sun did its best to disguise her dark, forlorn eyes to radiant eyes, but failed. The bright sunlight shone through her eyes and showed me her desolate soul.

Fuck. I wanted to take her pain so badly. So, I tried. I began kissing her. Letting my lips explain how badly I wanted to take her misery. And she let me, she opened her mouth and kissed me back. Putting all of her sadness into the kiss. And I eat it up greedily.

This kiss was different. The other times it was about lust and desire, more shallow. But this time...it was more. We weren't kissing. We were sharing souls. Sharing our misery. Opening our souls to each other. Showing our dark ocean to each other. Her red one and my black one. See if we would drown in each other. See if we would die or survive.

I took her misery but didn't want to leave her empty. I wanted to replace her misery with something else. Not only that, but I wanted to give her devotion. I wanted to be gentle with her.

For the first time, I wanted to put a glint of happiness in her eyes instead of pain. I didn't want to hurt her. I didn't want to see her in agony.

My lips moved against her soft ones; my tongue danced with hers. A slow dance with warmth. A kiss that tasted like salt.

"Baby, nobody deserves your tears," I whispered against her lips. "Nobody." I moved down her body. I kissed her hipbone, pushing her t-shirt up. I left feathery light, wet kisses on her belly. Taking my time to kiss all her misery away. Kissing it better. I took her nipple into my mouth, sucked and kissed her breasts. Her hand tugged my hair as she arched her back, pushing her breast into my mouth. I kissed from her chest to her throat and mouth.

"Please make me feel something other than pain." Her desperate whisper stabbed my chest. Fuck, how can I care so much about her?

"I will," I said hoarsely. I left her swollen lips and stripped her off of her thong. Testing her wetness with my fingers, I pushed two into her tight hole. She needed to be more wet, or she would've gotten hurt. So, I buried my face between her thighs.

"Oh, Anton." She arched and gripped my hair. I kissed her as my hands roamed her soft thighs, touching her tenderly. She was nice and wet now, able to take all of me. I stripped off my boxer briefs. My cock was at her opening, my face near hers.

"Are you ready?" She nodded. I stared at her eyes as I slowly pushed in. She closed her eyes and moaned. I gripped her waist with my hand and pushed all the way in. Her hand found my back, scratching it. Giving me pain. I took it gladly as long as I was the one in pain and not her.

My other hand held her neck. My thumb stroking her cheek as my lips found her neck. I kept fucking her with a slow pace while I let my lips show her how much I cared about her.

"Anton," she moaned. Fuck, I'm burning.

I kissed her mouth. Letting my lips tell her how badly I want to take her pain. She kissed me back as we both came.

I took her in my arms and laid down. Me on my back and Leah on me, her head resting on my chest. She trailed her finger around on my chest, completely in her thoughts. And I, I was staring at her, entirely and utterly mesmerised by her. For a fleeting moment I thought I had gone insane, thinking she didn't exist, that I was just conjuring up all this. Because of that, I held her closer to me. I smelled her hair and twirled a strand around my finger as my other hand fondled her back. Fuck, I'm in her ocean. I'm drenched in her blood. There's no going back. I can't. She is in me. I feel her.

My angel looked up at me. Holy eyes that had seen too much unholy. Eyes that once were filled with life were blank now, like there was glass covering her eyes, protecting her. You could see in but not get in. I wanted to get in so badly. I wanted to comfort her forlorn soul.

My angel opened her mouth and meekly whispered something I didn't want to answer.

"Are you going to save my brother?" She gazed at me; her desolate soul gazed at me. Her soul was sitting in a corner, hugging her legs close to herself. On the verge of giving up, yet a bit of hope was left in her. A bit of hope left in me. My beautiful angel wanted her knight in shining armour. And it pained me that I couldn't be him. I wished I was him. I wished I was a good man for her. I wished I could be good to her. I wished she was mine, I wished she wanted to be mine. I wished she could be mine. But she couldn't, I wouldn't allow it. I was bad. She was good. I would've drenched her in my sins if she got too close. And for once in my life, I cared about a woman, a woman I didn't want to hurt but to protect, even if it was from myself. So, I answered her question. I knew the truth would've hurt her, so I lied. "Yes."

___________________________________________
Thanks for reading another chapter of Life Is A Living Hell
Please comment, share and vote!
See you in the next chapter;)