Chapter 35 I Promise (rewritten)

If I had a flower for every time I thought of you,
I could walk in my own garden forever.
—Alfred Lord Tennyson
_________________________________
Olivia Brown

I put the phone down on my bedside table and took a deep breath. The clock on the wall told me it was 6.PM.

I had been in my room for two hours, doing basically nothing. After Anton gave me... pleasure, he told me to go up to my room, so he could have a talk with the guys. I guess he just wanted to talk about Joseph or something. Didn't sound that interesting to me, so I left happily.

"Olivia, dinner's ready," Theo said, knocking on my bedroom door.

"Okay." Mumbling, I got off of the bed.

I made my way downstairs. All the guys were sitting around the dining table, having dinner. There was only one empty chair left beside Antonio.

"My sister will be here tomorrow, so you better behave," Theo was saying to a smirking Colt.

"I didn't know you had a sister." I raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, I do, and she's just a kid, Colt," he replied, still staring at Colt. Colt was just eating calmly with a smirk on his face. I took a sip of my glass and watched them with amusement.

"How old is she?" I asked. Theo's gaze shifted from Colt to me. He exhaled a long breath, then answered. "She's still in school... she's nineteen."

Huh? "Just a kid? You do realise that we're the same age." Gazing at him, I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, but there's a difference," he mumbled weakly.

Suddenly, I felt Antonio's hand on my knee.

"He's just very overprotective when it comes to her," Anton whispered in my ear as the guys began to talk about something else.

"How come?" I whispered back.

"Maybe because it has always just been the two of them. He kind of feels like her parent, since they didn't have any of their own. That's actually why he wanted to be in this business in the first place—to get cold cash quickly, so he could support both himself and his sister. He never went to school, never got an education. That's why instead of getting a job, he got into the underworld, for his sister's sake, so she could get an education and get a normal job and life."

Oh, that was so nice of him.

All these, I mean all these stories I heard from the guys, manifested that no one chose to be in this industry or to have this kind of life, when you have to constantly look over your shoulder. We were all, in a way, forced into this in order to survive. Some didn't succeed and instead had an even more horrible life than before, like, for example, Mateo. And some did succeed... but the success, money and power changed them for the worse, and they still ended up with a horrible and unhappy life. I was quite... scared that Antonio would end up like that, I didn't want that for him.

"Are you good?" Diego nudged my shoulder lightly, making me realise that I had been staring at my food for a long time. I nodded with a small smile and turned to Anton.

"Anton, could you pass me the salad—" Before I was even done with my sentence, Collin interrupted me.

"Wait, what? Anton? Since when do you call Antonio Anton?" I didn't know what to answer. They didn't know what had happened between him and me, so did I like tell them; 'oh, you know. We hooked up, and now we call each other by nicknames.'? I glanced at Antonio to see his reaction. He was leaning back on the chair with a smirk on his face. Why is he so calm? I gazed back and looked down at the food on my plate.

"Mm... since you were gone," I mumbled quietly, then looked up at his and the other guys' reactions. Diego and Noah had no reaction, whereas Collin, Colt and Theo had small smiles on their faces.

___________

I was lying on my bed with a book in my hand when Antonio walked into my room.

"There you are. You just disappeared after dinner," I said as I laid down the book beside me.

"I had some business I had to take care of." He dismissed my comment and went on.

"What're you doing here?" he questioned, walking closer to my bed.

"What do you mean?" I got into a sitting position.

"I told you that you're sleeping with me tonight." He reminded me. Standing at the foot of the bed, he took a hold around my ankles and dragged me to him, forcing himself between my legs.

How can he be so strong? Damn son.

I giggled, I was very ticklish, especially my feet.

"I didn't know you were ticklish." He smirked and tickled my feet, making me giggle and squirm. I was gasping for air. He stopped and smiled.

"Did you know that tickling can be used as a torture method that can result in death?" He shared that lovely information with me.

"Lovely, that's how I want to die. With a smile on my face." I smirked back. He chuckled and shook his head.

"Come, we're going to my room." He lifted me up, putting me on his shoulder. Gave me a sexy view of his ass.

"Hey, I haven't brushed my teeth yet!" I argued and slapped his ass.

"You can do it in my room," he replied and slapped my ass back.

Ouch, that hurt. Damn him.

He walked up the stairs. I saw every step upside down, making me feel like I was about to throw up the dinner.

"If you don't want me to vomit on you, you should put me down." I warned him, holding my mouth with my hand. He grunted before he put me down.

"Ladies first." He opened his bedroom door for me like a gentleman. I giggled and walked in dramatically, like I had a big and long dress on, on my way to a ball. When I turned to face him, I found him staring at me in a weird way with a smile. The light from the moon, which came through the balcony, made it possible for me to see his eyes. Eyes that used to be cold and lifeless, were now sparkling with life.

We locked eyes, neither of us was smiling anymore. He stared into my eyes as he walked slowly towards me. When he stood in front of me, he put one hand on my waist, the other on my cheek. His thumb stroked my lower lip, parting my lips. I exhaled shakily. We were staring at each other's dark eyes when he slowly put me down on his bed, with him on top of me. I couldn't breathe, it felt like the air in the room had been sucked into a black hole. The room was so quiet, the only sounds were our heartbeats.

Thump, thump, thump...

He gazed down at my lips as I gazed down at his. We gazed back into each other's eyes again.

"Can you promise me something?" He was breathing heavily, his hot, minty breath on my lips. I couldn't think straight, my mind was utterly foggy and empty.

"Yeah." I managed to breathe out.

"Promise me that you'll never leave me," he whispered, his voice thick with emotions. I stared at his eyes for a brief second, trying to figure out if he was sincere. I became aware of the fact that I didn't care, I was in too deep. I had fallen hard for this man. At that moment, I realise that I would rather die than leave him.

"I promise," I vowed.

________________________________________________
Thanks for reading another chapter of Life Is A Living Hell
Please comment, share and vote!
See you in the next chapter;)