Chapter 52 To End Her And I (rewritten)

We drink the poison our mind pours for us
and wonder why we feel so sick.
—Atticus
__________________________________
Antonio Romano

"The men are ready and equipped. They'll be there before us tonight," Diego said solemnly, drinking his coffee.

"There are already people there getting a hold of the premises, right?" I questioned and gazed at Noah.

"Yeah, they're checking the premises right now and have already reported back some information," Noah replied with a monotone voice.

"He's definitely in his mansion with a lot of security. The Mafia Men—or whatever the fuck they called themselves, have looked at the surroundings and knows all the entries. Since the idiot Joseph have cameras in his house, I know where every one of his men are guarding." Noah finished off by shutting his laptop. I nodded, listening intensely.

"And where exactly is Joseph in the house?" Enquiring, I took a sip of my black coffee.

"He's in a large room which looks like a conference room with a team of what looks like skilful computer scientists. He doesn't know it's futile, they can't get access to the USB because the password isn't numbers, the passcode is letters, a word or a sentence and God knows in which language. It could be words that doesn't make any sense or several sentences in a particular order—they could be spelled backwards for all I know. Olivia's grandfather was too clever for his own good, he knew nobody could get access to the information without knowing the password," Noah sighed as he ran his hand through his blond hair.

"Could you bypass the password somehow?" He gazed at me and shook his head slowly.

"No, remember, I tried when we had the flash drive. Olivia's grandfather thought of everything. You either have the password or you don't, there's nothing in between."

Fuck then.

______________

"Pack the cars with the equipment and we'll be rolling soon." Diego ordered the guys and the drivers.

I gazed out through the window to see four black Range Rovers with tinted windows get filled with weapons and all kind of shit that could bring harm upon people. The vehicles were almost impossible to see considering how dark it was.

"Oh, is it today everything goes down?" Vittoria ambled in and mumbled. I grunted out a quiet 'yes' as I was putting on a bulletproof vest.

"Where's Olivia?" I asked, and now actually paid her some attention and gazed at her. She glanced away and murmured with a strange voice, "I don't know." Huh?

I had been out all day preparing for tonight since I woke up at 9 A.M. It was 6 P.M. now, and I had been home for an entire hour and had not seen a glimpse of Leah. And I wanted to say goodbye to her before I left. I was about to take the stairs two at a time up to Olivia's bedroom when Vittoria's voice hindered me.

"Wait! Where are you going?"

I glanced back. "To Olivia's bedroom" I began my trek up to her room again.

"She's having a bath, and she told me she didn't want anyone disturbing her. Um...e—especially you." She nodded hesitantly and followed me into her room.

She just told me she didn't know where Olivia was. What's up with this girl?

"I don't care." I humoured her with a response as I barged into Olivia's room.

"B—but," she stammered and grunted out an irritated sigh. I went to open the door to her bathroom, but found it locked.

"Leah, open up" No response, no sound. What the fuck?

"Olivia?" I knocked. Why is she not answering me?

"Oh, let it go. She won't answer you" I heard Vittoria sigh. I turned around.

"And why is that?" She began pacing the room instead of answering me. "Um...she, she's upset with you. Yeah, yeah, she's really upset." Vittoria spoke as she nodded solemnly.

"For what?" I clipped out as I ran a frustrated hand through my hair.

"Eh, for not including her in your plan with Joseph."

I snorted. "She's upset with me for keeping her safe? You got to be kidding me." I glanced at the door briefly.

"Oh, fuck it. I can't deal with her right now. She's fucking upset with me for protecting her, keeping her alive!? Fuck this." I ran out of her room with Vittoria hot on my heels.

When I stepped into the hallway, I saw the guys were finishing up and ready to leave.

"Everything is ready. It's time!" Diego called out through the open door. I didn't bother to respond, merely walked out with Vittoria's anxious eyes following me until I closed the door behind me.

It was freezing cold, yet I didn't feel the crispy snow. I was numb. I had gone to that place in my mind where I had turned off my emotions. This kind of work couldn't be done with emotions and weaknesses in the way. By being emotional, you were automatically irrational. Making fatal, poor choices. And I couldn't afford to make stupid choices right now. Now that I cared whether I was alive or not. Now I wanted to live to see Olivia's face again. Dying was not an option anymore.

"Who closed my boot?" Noah's puzzled murmuring beside me brought me out of my thoughts. He shrugged and got into his car as I made my way to Diego's Range Rover. Diego and I sat in the back as the motorist put the car into drive. Now, finally, we were on our way to end all this. To end this madness that was going on in my head. To end my emotions. To put an end to my thoughts. To end Olivia and I. Because once she sees the Devil that would return to her, she would never look at me the same. She will see the cold-hearted Devil smiling while she's crying.

___________________________________________
Thanks for reading another chapter of Life Is A Living Hell
Please comment, share and vote!
See you in the next chapter;)