Chapter 14 Spiked Drink (rewritten)

I wish time had better timing for you and me.
____________________________________________________
Olivia Brown

"Oh, I can't wait for tonight," she practically moaned as her hand went up and down on his bicep.

The girl looked like a supermodel, long legs, super skinny, short light brown hair that went down to her shoulders. She wore a silvery short dress, showing off her cleavage and ass, her body was perfect, exactly like those Victoria's Secret models you see on runway shows.

Antonio instantly slapped her hand off of his arm, took a strong grip around her wrist, dragged her closer to himself.

"Shut the fuck up. Go to the bathroom and wait for me," he growled through gritted teeth and released her wrist. She smirked before she headed to the bathrooms. He turned to me and took a tight hold around my waist, came closer to my left ear.

"Stay here, don't fucking move," he whispered, then turned around and headed to the bathrooms.

Who does he think he is?

I glanced around, looking for the guys, I spotted them near the buffet table.

Ahh, food.

At that sight, my mouth watered. My heels led me to them.

"Where's Antonio?" Diego asked when I stood beside him.

"He went to the bathroom with a girl," I said emotionlessly, distracted as I took in the sight of the delicious food.

"Is he for real? He's going to fuck a girl in the bathroom?" he growled, massaging his temple. I was taken aback by his way of talking about Antonio, I hadn't heard any of them talk to him that way. I was sure that they were intimidated by him as much as I was, but maybe I was wrong.

"Why are there so many people here? Do all of them own companies?" I raised an eyebrow, glancing around. There were so many men in expensive suits with a woman by their side. Most of them were in their fifties, but there were a few young people too.

"Most of them yes, but some of them are just celebrities, models, actors," he explained, gazing around. I just hummed and nodded; my mind was distracted by my growling stomach.

Leaving them, I made my way to the buffet. The first thing I saw was some kind of cracker with cheese on it, without a second thought I put the entire thing in my mouth. I quietly moaned, still chewing on the delicious thing. I turned to my right when I heard someone clear their throat.

"I haven't seen you here before," a guy in a dark blue suit said, his gaze travelling from my heels to my face. I swallowed before I glanced up at his dark brown eyes.

"Because I've never been here," I mumbled, a bit annoyed.

Don't bother me when I'm hungry!

He hummed, clearly not catching my hint to be left alone. Instead, he looked down at me and licked his lips before gazing at my face again.

"Then I've to introduce myself. My name is Vanni Arco," he said, coming closer to me.

"Pleasure to meet you, Vanni Arco. I'm Olivia Brown," I replied with a sarcastic smile, trying to ignore him. I turned back to the food; I was about to take another snack, but he interrupted again.

"Do you want to dance... or I can show you around?" I mentally grunted. Couldn't he just leave me alone?

Behave, Antonio's scold came back to me. So, I turned around and gave him a fake, polite smile, nodding.

"Shall we then?" he said, placing his hand on my open back and led me away from the food.

"Do you want me to show you around?" He smirked, pushing back his black hair with his other hand. I gave him a little sure and plastered a grin on my lips. He led us to a more secluded place.

"You know what, we should drink something. I'm thirsty, are you?" he asked, the corner of his mouth quirked up.

"Sure, why not." I forced a smile. He grinned before turning around and walked away.

Did he really think that I was that stupid? If he didn't put a drug in my drink, I was going to change my name to Karen. Within a minute, he was back with two drinks in each hand. I fake grinned before I gazed down at my drink. As I thought, my drink was spiked, you could still see the drug. He wasn't even good at his job.

I was sure he did this for different reason than I did when I worked, he did this for his own pleasure, I did that to make them unconscious for Mateo.

He sipped on his own drink, staring at me.

"You're not going to drink?" He lifted an eyebrow, gesturing for me to drink the poison.

"You know what? I always drink with a slice of lime; can you get that for me?" I smiled sweetly at him and put down my drink on the table beside us.

"Sure, everything for you." he winked and left his drink beside mine, heading back to the bar. He was really stupid. I switched the drinks quickly. He came back faster than before with a lime slice in his hand. He gave the lime slice to me before picking up my old drink while I brought his old drink to my lips, we both took a big sip.

I didn't even like lime, I just said the first thing that came up in my mind. However now I was forced to eat it. As quickly as the sour liquid touched my test buds, I squeezed my eyes shut.

He seemed really thirsty since he drank up the whole drink.

"What do you want to do now?" he said, slurring a little, it wasn't noticeable if you didn't really focus on it.

What do I do now?

I didn't want to be with him in such a secluded place when the drug gets him.

"We should dance," I blurted out without even thinking.

Dance? Of all the things you could choose, you choose dance when he's drugged. You are really stupid. My subconscious mocked me.

"Yeah, we should do that" he agreed and took a hold around my wrist, dragged me to the dance floor. People were dancing together to the classic slow music.

He put his hands around my waist, while I put my hands on his shoulders.

"You're really sexy in this dress" He drew his lower lip between his teeth as his hands went lower to my ass. I was about to slap his hands off of me when his eyes went wide, staring behind me.

"Get your fucking hands off of her," scolded a deep voice behind me. I felt Vanni's hands leave my back as he stepped backwards. Antonio took a hold on his collar and was about to punch him in the face.

"Antonio, stop. You don't want to make a scene here," I hissed, putting my hand on his back. Antonio hesitated but eventually relaxed, he pushed Vanni away, making him almost trip. Vanni's intoxicated, confused eyes stared at Antonio for a beat, before walking quickly away as soon as he got the chance. Antonio's gaze followed Vanni until he disappeared, then he turned to face me.

"Did you drink anything that he gave you?" he questioned hurriedly, his gaze frantically moving around my face for a sign of intoxication.

"No," I replied calmly.

"Good, he's known for spiking girl's drinks, then fuck them," he spoke coldly then walked pass me. 

______________________________________________________
Thanks for reading another chapter of Life Is A Living Hell
Please comment, share and vote!
See you in the next chapter;)