Chapter 7 Fight With Strenght, Never Anger (rewritten)

I miss what we never were.
______________________________________________________
Olivia Brown

I was sitting in Collin's vehicle on the way to their gym, I couldn't stop thinking about what Antonio had said yesterday.

He was the biggest mob boss in Italy? Wow, that's really... I can't believe it.
Why would the most powerful mob in Italy kidnap me? I was no help to them.

"How are you feeling?" Collin's voice brought me out of my thoughts, I looked at him, bemused. He glanced at me when I didn't answer and saw my frown.

"I mean from...you know...when Antonio hit you." He cleared his throat, gazing back at the road.

Oh.

"Fine, my bruises are almost gone, but it stings sometimes when I happen to touch them," I mumbled emotionlessly, staring out through the window.

"I'm sorry..." Why was he apologising? "...for Antonio did that to you and I know he isn't going to apologise so... I'm doing that for him." He glanced at me with sympathy in his eyes.

"That doesn't count..." I snorted, gazing at him with a smile. "...but thank you."

He grinned back. "I know but...we are nice...okay, maybe not Antonio but the rest of the guys are." His sheepish confession made me giggle.

"I believe it when I see it."

After a few seconds, I glanced at him and asked. "So... how are we going to do it?" 

"What do you mean?"

"You know... finding Nemo." I grinned.

"Finding Nemo?" he laughed. "You are amusing." His mouth turned into a smile.

"Yeah...finding Joseph, but from now on I will call him Nemo," I beamed.

"Yeah, we can call him Nemo. And about finding Nemo, we're going to have a meeting about that after the gym," he explained as he turned to the right.

"And speaking of the gym, we've arrived."

He parked the car in front of a big building, the sign said R.Fitness.

"What does R.Fitness stand for?" Gazing at the sign, I stepped out of the vehicle.

"The R stands for Romanos." He stepped out of the car. I gazed at him.

"Romanos? Really? You couldn't come up with something better?" I teased him and laughed.

"Hey! That wasn't my idea. Romanos is our mob's name, and I'm a proud member of the Romanos," he teased back, walking to the entrance. I rolled my eyes with a smile, following him in.

The inside was full of exercise machines, they even had a boxing ring in the middle of the gym.

"What are we going to start with?" I asked, taking in the empty, spacious gym.

"Why is nobody else here?" He gazed at his flashy—probably expensive watch—.

"Because you woke up so damn late, so most of our employees have already trained for today." He glared at me.

"Okay, that was not my fault. Are just the employees allowed here?" I muttered.

"Yes, just members. Anyway, you're going to start with the treadmill for warm up." Nodding, I got on the treadmill.

The familiar motion felt good. My legs ran faster and faster, the burn loosening my muscles. Training had been such a big part of my life when I was around 13 years old. I solely trained, so I could protect myself from Mateo and other disgusting men. Besides that, workouts had never been my thing. I found them...yeah, I would rather do something else.