Chapter 16 Me, Myself & I (rewritten)

She's
broken
because
she
believed.
_____________________________________________
Olivia Brown

It had been a week since the event. After the event, we all just went to our rooms.

I think that we all were tired and some angry like always *cough* Antonio. Why was he even always furious? But maybe it was because we didn't have the flash drive yet.

I hadn't seen much of the guys since the event, especially Antonio.

Most of the time I had been in my room beside when I worked out with Collin. I had got better; I could actually punch the punching bag, so it moved.

Collin taught me some tricks I could do if I was in trouble. We had begun fighting in the boxing ring, he went soft on me, but it was harder than I thought it would be.

The sound of my phone's notification brought me out of my thoughts. It was a message from my brother.

Hey.

I'm still trying to get you out of Joseph's grip. Just wait a little longer.

He had to stop with this. I lied to him about where I was. If he didn't stop, he would find out that I lied and that I was not with Joseph any longer.

I didn't know what he would do if he found out that I was kidnapped. He would try to save me, but however, he was just one person against the biggest mob in Italy. He'd get hurt, maybe even killed. I didn't want that. I had to come up with something, so he would stop trying to save me.

Hi
Alex...you don't need to, I got it.

Alex
I certainly do. It's my job to protect you as your brother, Via.

If I said that I escaped, would you stop?

Alex
You escaped? When? How?

About three weeks ago.

Alex
Where are you now? Do you need help?

No, I'm good, and I'm somewhere safe.
No need to worry.

Alex
Worry is my middle name when it comes to you.
Why are you not coming home?
I can get you right now, just say where you are.

No, don't look for me. I'm good and safe.
Besides, if I came home, I would just get beaten up.

Alex
Fine.
Can you at least tell me where you are?

No, I can't.
I'm coming home, but not right now.
I promise.

Alex
OK, be careful, bye.

Always. Bye.

I missed him. We had to find this damn flash drive, so I could see Alex again, then move away from here.

Ugh, why does it feel like the time is frozen?

We still hadn't the flash drive.

I wanted to move away and create a new life.

I had been in my room since I came home from my workout, doing basically nothing.

My stomach growled, indicating that I hadn't eaten anything since breakfast.

I checked the time on my phone, 2 P.M.

I headed out of my room, down the stairs. It was surprisingly quiet, where was everybody? Maybe no one was home. Suddenly, I heard a sound that came from the kitchen. The guys weren't clearly at home, so who made that sound?

I had to defend myself, but with what? I was in the living room, there wasn't anything that I could defend myself with.

Then a crash sound came, like someone dropped a plate. Quickly, I picked up the nearest item and tiptoed closer to the kitchen. Putting my back to the wall near the entrance to the kitchen, I took a stronger grip on the item that was in my hands before I counted down.

One... two... three! I jumped in front of the person and screamed as I was about to hit the intruder. My scream made the person drop another plate. I was about to hit the intruder, but an annoyed voice stopped me.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Antonio said through gritted teeth, glaring at me.

"I thought you were a thief." My eyes widened. His eyebrows snapped together.

"And you thought a pillow could save you," he chuckled deeply. My eyes embarrassingly darted to the pillow in my hands.

"No... the pillow was the nearest thing," I muttered. He shook his head and chuckled even more.

Wait, what? Did I just hear him chuckle?

I had never seen him chuckle or even smile, he always had a scowl on his face. It was a beautiful sound, something he should do more often.

I put the pillow down on the counter.

"Where are the guys?" I asked as he bent down to pick up the pieces from the broken plate.

"On a mission," he replied and threw away the broken plate in the bin.

"Then why are you here and not with them?" I questioned as my gaze followed his movements.

"Since they can manage on their own," he answered, staring at me with his dark eyes.

Why is he staring at me?

Suddenly I remember what I was wearing, comfy shorts and a short black tank top.

Shit. My eyes widened. I forgot to change. In order to hide, I got behind the counter and put my arms in front of my breasts.

This isn't awkward at all.

I cleared my throat and looked down at myself.

"Eh...this is embarrassing," I mumbled to myself.

"It isn't. You should never be embarrassed when you look like you do," he said seriously, coming closer to me.

Did he just complement me?

"W-what?" I stammered, turning around, so my back was facing the counter.

"Didn't you notice how those men looked at you at that event?" He was in front of me, staring at my eyes as he came closer to me, soon I felt his muscular body against mine.

"They looked at you with lust in their eyes," he sighed with a troubled expression on his face. My mind at that point was completely blank. His gaze shifted from my lips to my eyes before licked his lips.

"And I didn't like that," he grunted before he crashed his lips against mine.

________________________________________________________
Thanks for reading another chapter of Life Is A Living Hell
Please comment, share and vote!
See you in the next chapter;)