Chapter 54 Haunt Me (rewritten)

May God have mercy on my enemies
because I won't.
_____________________________
Antonio Romano

I couldn't believe my ears when Noah informed me that Olivia was here. I fucking couldn't believe Olivia would go behind my back and do something like this. Not only that, but I specifically told her—no, I commanded her to not help and stay at home. But did she listen? No. Did she not understand that she could've died? This shit wasn't safe, especially for an inexperienced girl.

Rage was filling me with energy while I was beating my opponent mercilessly. Blood coated my fists as it kept hitting the man in his face. Gore was everywhere, walls, floors, ceilings—everywhere. Blocking my eyes from seeing anything else besides red. The dark fluid spurred me on. My hits became more violent and lethal for every dark thought that went through my head. Dark thoughts like Olivia laying down unconscious on the floor with a bullet through her chest. Horrific thoughts like me not being able to save Leah. If I ever fail to protect her, I wish for her to haunt me. I wished she would haunt me in my sleep, as well as she haunted me when I was awake. I wanted her to remind me that it was my fault for her not being in my arms. I wanted her to remind me, so I could drown in my sorrow. I wanted her to hurt me as much as I had hurt her. I wanted her to haunt me, because... then she would still be with me.

Fuck... I want to be with her? Ugh, shit.

"He's fucking dead. Let's go!" Diego shouted and took a hold of me, dragging me away. My opponent didn't even look like a human anymore. Just a pile of flesh and gore. His face was...yeah, he was faceless, his chest was split open, some organs were even out of his body, laying next to him. With a last glance at the living room, I spat on Joseph's expensive Persian carpet and left for his office. Diego was hot on my heels as well thirty of my men. We marched quickly up to the second floor.

Joseph had managed to call for backup, but he had still fewer men than us. So, unfortunately for him, my men had killed almost all of his. Because of the element of surprise, his defence sucked, giving my men the upper hand in slaughtering in this war.

With raised weapons, we made our way to Joseph's office. None of his men were on the second floor, making it easy for us to get to his office without mishaps. His office was messy and trashed. Papers were cluttering the floor, books had fallen down from his bookshelves, a smashed laptop laid on the shattered glass table, a questionable fluid led to one of the bookshelves.

"Looks like they were in a hurry. One of those fucking nerds even pissed himself." One of my men stated with a chuckle, making the rest of my men laugh.

"Not only that. A hidden entry behind a bookshelf. I mean c'mon, be a little original" One of my men—Raskolnikov—chuckled nefariously before he savagely pulled the bookshelf open. A gloomy hallway greeted us. The hallway was about five meters long and narrow. Ten of my men marched before me and Diego, and twenty followed behind us.

"Noah, open the vault." I ordered him through my earpiece. My men took their positions and waited for my orders.

"Be ready, two bulky men are in there with Joseph and those idiots." Noah informed me as he clicked away on his keyboard.

"I'm ready," I said. I raised my two guns.

"Good. One..." My men loaded their weapons.

"Two..." Aim.

"Three!" The steel door flew open. Since there weren't any cameras inside the safe, we didn't know where the two men stood or if they were armed. So, this time they surprised us. The two guys blocked the entry, they were practically a wall covering Joseph. Not only that, but they were also armed with two AK-47s each. The loud sounds pierced my eardrum, you would think that after hearing gunfire so much for so long I should've got immune to it.