Chapter 33 Beautiful But Cold (rewritten)

You're like snow, beautiful but cold.
_______________________________
Olivia Brown

The cold water flowed down my flushed body. I didn't even feel the chilly water, considering I felt so warm inside. I had this weird happy grin on my face too. It was the first time Antonio had touched me and wasn't a dick afterwards. Apparently, when he was in a good mood and happy, I was too.

Oh God, what's happening to me?

These feelings I had for Antonio made me anxious. Not because he didn't feel that way towards me. But because my mind wasn't in the right place, I couldn't think clearly when my feelings were in the way. I had to look after myself here, I hadn't a brother or anyone who could hold me if I was sad, I hadn't anyone who would bandage me up if I was injured. Not that anyone did that when I lived with Mateo, however, there I had at least my brother who cared about me. Here... here I didn't have anyone.

What happens when all of this is over? When we go our separate ways, will he remember me?

No, he will forget you. He will think about how stupid you were for falling for him as his dick is buried in someone else's cunt. The obnoxious voice in my head laughed, she wiped a tear, smirking down at me. Her eyes said, "Oh, you're so naïve."

Suddenly, I didn't feel so warm inside anymore, I felt cold instead. I felt numb and alone. The beautiful bathroom all of a sudden felt bigger, darker and colder. I gazed at the mirror in the shower. The happy grin on my face wasn't there anymore; instead, sadness clouded my features.

I stepped out of the shower, wrapped a towel around myself, and brushed my hair and braided it. Heading to my closet, I put on a pair of chequered pyjama pants and a black tank top. Walking back to my room, I checked my phone. I hadn't heard anything from Alexander in a long time. Before I tossed my phone on the bed, I sent Alex a quick message, just a 'Hey, how're you?'

Going downstairs, I found no one in the kitchen or in the living room. Where was everybody?

Just then, I heard voices coming from Anton's office. Before I could even reach the office door, it opened. Theo stepped out, he hadn't a smile on his face as usual, he didn't even glance at me as he walked past me. Huh? After Theo stepped Colt out, neither had he a smile on his face, not even a smirk. He ignored me too as he walked past me.

What is happening? Have I done something?

Last stepped Collin out before the door closed behind him. I didn't give him a chance to ignore me, I took a grip around his wrist, forcing him to look at me.

What should I say?

"Are we training together?" Seriously, was that the only thing that came to my mind? He gazed at me with his blank eyes before he lifelessly mumbled, "No." I wasn't expecting that.

"What, why?" I stared at him, puzzled.

"You don't need to train anymore." Shocked by his coldness, I let go of his wrist. He went up the stairs.

My eyes were still stuck on the spot where he was standing.

Okay, something had happened.

I knocked on the door, the door opened quickly, and Diego and Noah stepped out. They didn't pay much mind to me either, but I didn't expect anything from them. I hadn't talked much with them; they were more the quiet type.

I entered Anton's office. His back was facing me, organising some papers on his desk. Antonio wasn't bare-chested anymore; he had put on a white t-shirt.

"Has something happened?" I questioned anxiously. He turned around with a frown on his face.

"No, why?" he said as he walked closer to me.

"Theo, Collin and Colt just behaved weirdly. They ignored me, and they were cold. I'm wondering if they're upset with me."

"No, I'm sure it's nothing," he said with this weird smirk.

What's up with him?

"Any news regarding Joseph?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

"Unfortunately, no," he sighed.

All of a sudden, it hit me that I had never questioned the flash drive. Like what was in it? Why did they want it? I had been busy thinking about Antonio the whole time, so much that I had forgotten everything else.

I gazed up at him. "Why do you want the flash drive?" He backed away a little, probably thrown off by the question. 

"Because it's important," he said flatly, his gaze fixed on me.

"But why is it important? What's in it?" I questioned more assertively.

"Information," he mumbled coldly.

"What kind of information?" I wasn't letting this go, I wanted to know.

His eyes darkened, he exhaled through his nose. "What's up with all these questions?"

I crossed my arms. "Nothing, I just want to know."

He quickly walked back to me, took a hold of my arms, and leaned closer to me.

I could feel his warm breath on my cheek.

"It's power, if you have it, you have power. That thing can make you untouchable, understand?"

I was speechless. It was like something took over him, his eyes were dark, and his touch, which I loved, felt cold. I didn't know what this flash drive contained, however, it sounded dangerous. Something nobody should have.

"Joseph has it, are you not worried?" I mumbled, frowning.

"No." What?

"Why?" He let go of my arms, but still stood near me, so close that I could hear him breathe.

"Because he can't get access to the information." His eyes sparkled as he smirked.

"And you can?" He lightly gripped the tip of my chin and brought me closer to him with his other hand, which was wrapped around my waist.

"I couldn't, but now... I can," he whispered on my lips. Then he kissed me.

___________________________________________________
Thanks for reading another chapter of Life Is A Living Hell
Please comment, share and vote!
See you in the next chapter;)