Chapter 8 Wink (rewritten)

Flirt: When you fall for someone's words.
Lust: When you fall for someone's beauty.
Love: When you fall for someone's soul.
_____________________________________________________________
Olivia Brown

The chilly water ran down my body. A well needed shower after my workout with Collin, it was a sweaty mess. This time we didn't talk much besides about how to defend and how to fight in the cleverest way. I even got a chance to fight him in the boxing ring, you could already figure out that I lost.

It was refreshing to think about something else beside myself and my own thoughts for once.

I made my way out of my shower, and into my walk-in closet. I put on some warm clothes, considering that the winter was on its way.

Brushed my hair, braided it, I checked the time on my phone, 1 P.M.

I wonder why Alex had still not tried to contact me, maybe I should call him. On the other hand, what was I supposed to say? That I was kidnapped, and I decided to stay for the sake of answers to my million questions? Then again, I didn't have a choice, Antonio threatened to murder me if I didn't help him.

At the same time, I wondered if Alex knew that I was here and not with Joseph. I wanted to call him, maybe he didn't know anything. I was going to call him and let him do the talking, and not mention anything about the last few weeks of my life. I missed him, I just wanted to hear a familiar voice. Before I knew it, I had dialled his number and brought the phone to my ear.

"Hi." I heard his groggy voice; he had just woken up. Typical him, he had always been a bear, compared to me.

"Hey, how are you?" I asked with concern in my voice, maybe something had happened to him, that could have been why he hadn't contacted me.

"I'm fine, just... I've missed you so much. It feels like it is my fault that you're with Joseph and not here with me."

Good, he thinks I'm still with Joseph.

"I wish I could do more, but Mateo doesn't care. And I can't do much without his approval. Are you okay, does he treat you well?" The disappointment and annoyance was clear in his voice as he spoke.

I hated that I had to lie to him, I promised myself, when all of this was over, I was going to tell him everything. I didn't like that he blamed himself, when none of this was his fault.

"I'm fine, for most of the time he isn't even here. And don't blame yourself, this isn't your fault, Alexander," I sighed.

"I... I just want you to be safe. And I can't protect you when you're so far away." I just knew that he had a frown on his face, poor Alex.

"I'm a big girl now, Alex, I can take care of myself." I rolled my eyes and smiled.

"But that doesn't stop me from worrying about you," he sighed.

"I know... I just don't want you to worry this much, if I ever need you, I'm going to tell you... I promise," I whispered, not knowing if that was true.

"And before you know it, I'm going to be by your side, you're not going to lose me, okay?" I assured him, hoping I could keep my promise.

"Okay... I hope you're right. I don't want to lose you too. Bye, take care, and I'm going to try to somehow save you." His voice was thick with emotions. He couldn't think like that, he wasn't going to lose me.

"Okay... bye, Alex," I whispered before I hung up; really hoping that he wouldn't lose me like our mother. I had to be careful, this was a dangerous world, before you knew it, your best friend has stabbed you in the chest right in front of your eyes.