Chapter 5 Pain (rewritten with new parts)

You knew what you were doing,
and you knew it would hurt me,
but somehow that didn't stop you...
______________________________________________
Olivia Brown

Pain.
Pain was the first thing that I felt. And the second, that I had a major headache, it felt like everything was spinning around me. It felt like I was going to throw up, but at the same time I couldn't move. I felt sick. I felt so heavy, that kind of heaviness you get when you get out of the water.

I didn't remember much, but I remembered we got attacked then they found me, after that everything went black. I tried to remember more, but there wasn't more, I couldn't see anything, there was just a black spot.

My hand was about to rub my temple, easing the pain, but it couldn't.  I was tied up to a wooden chair, my feet and hands were tied to the chair with ropes. Slowly, I managed to open my eyes. The dark basement greeted my sore eyes. There were no lights except for a small light bulb over my head. There was blood on the floor, the basement was empty and cold. Busy with taking in my surroundings, I didn't notice the footsteps nearing until suddenly the basement door flew open. Six men strolled in.

They watched me, standing in a circle with me in the centre.

"Did you've a good sleep?" The man with dirty blond hair grinned, crossing his arms.

"Why am I here?" I croaked; my throat felt so dry.

"Considering that you are married to the guy who messed with us and more things. I see many reasons to why you should be here," the guy in front of me spoke calmly. His deep voice made a shiver run down my spine. I recognised his voice; it was the exact same voice I heard before I passed out.

If Joseph did something, why was I here?

"I'm not married to anyone." I coughed; my throat felt like a desert.

Since this wasn't the first time this had happened to me, I was not freaking out.

They all wanted something from you, and if they didn't get what they wanted. Either they were going to release you or kill you, but right now that didn't matter to me. Considering that there wasn't much for me here anyway. If they released me, I would escape from this country and build a new life. If they killed me, then I could meet my angel. 

"Okay, stop with this small talk. Where's the flash drive?" The man in front of me stared hard at me with his dark eyes.

What is he talking about?  Flash drive? What flash drive?

"What are you talking about? I don't have any flash drives," I raised my voice, staring at the tall man.

Ouch, my throat.

"You know which flash drive we are talking about!" the guy next to him who was in front of me snapped.

"I swear, I don't know what you're talking about!" I cried out. I had never heard anything about a flash drive.

"You've the wrong person," I mumbled to myself, but I knew they heard me.

"Oh, believe me, we've the right person. Your name is Olivia Brown and you lived with Joseph Ainsley," a guy behind me sniggered emotionlessly.

"Yeah...but I don't know anything about a flash drive." I sighed; exhaustion thick in my voice.

"Stop. Lying!" the man in front of me slapped me across the face, making my head turn to the other side. Now that he stood near me, I could see him. He was young, maybe in his mid-twenties. His blue-green eyes darkened when they met mine. He ran his tattooed hand through his hair before he backed away. His sinful tattoos on his chest stood out through his white see-through t-shirt, reminding me of why I hated this lifestyle. All the dark sinful ink and paper this people chased. All about the money, always.