Page 59: Carnifex

Julius' POV

Silence conquered this place, no, it has the whole capital under its control. No matter if royalty or worker class, mages and not, everyone has their eyes glued up here on the masked girl and her assistant.

"Well, that was quite an entrance for both of you." I pinch my thigh to shock myself awake and remind myself I have work to do before unwrapping my gift. "As I was saying, this is the rookie who worked the hardest out of the Black Bull this past year, Asta."

"Well, hello..." the kid acts fluttered but holds the girl's hand. I guess even with the mask on, Y/n-kun is still very shy before such huge crowd.

"Asta and Yuno placed first and second in obtaining stars among all the rookies. They are two new raising stars, in only six months they joined the Magic Knights, they both built up magnificent records." I'm trying my best here, but I hear people talking about the mysterious girl... Dang it. "On top of that, they are childhood friends, and they are only sixteen-"

"What about the masked girls?" , "Yeah, why are they up there?" , "Are they even knights?" The complains are getting louder and increase in number by the second. If I don't do anything, this may not end in a good note.

"Y/n-sama!" , "Y/n-sama is here!" , "Hurry up! Y/n-sama is back!" happy and glad voices raise loudly. Before I know, a lot of people, more than I expected, raise their arms and wave with an ear to ear smiles or tears of happiness. "Welcome back, Y/n-sama!"

They keep chanting her name and of course, the girl responds to the call. She removes her mask with a click, and then with the bashful but kind smile she owns, she waves back at everyone. When she looks over here, I bow my head like she usually does to greet her, and she does the same putting a hand on her chest, crossing her legs a bit and then elegantly bowing. That bow is nostalgic for me, not gonna lie. It reminds me the day she showed up before my eyes and I found out about her stunning Grimoire and magic. Plus, the makeup she has on is stunning and quite particular I must say. That light blue lipstick is gorgeous, and her green eyes are highlighted by those white lines.... The people of her lands surely knows how to make refined and beautiful art.

Oh, what do I see? Yuno-kun smiling at her? Do I smell some tea over there? "Good evening, Libra-san." he can whisper all he wants but I have good ears, especially for some good gossip.

Libra.... Oh, the boy that likes to dress up? I think trying to scan him, but the vest is so well made that his iconic style is not visible to judgemental eyes. What a shame, I kinda liked his look. I bet he did the makeup masterpiece.

"Welcome back, Y/n." Asta-kun goes closer to her, to the point their clothes are touching. They hold hands and blush while looking at each other... Wait. Are they together? Did I miss some piece while I was reading the reports?? "Thanks for the gift."

"I hope you like it." she smiles at Asta-kun again, then tilts her head in question. "Is something wrong?"

"You're missing something..." he gently puts the gift on the ground, take off his cloak and standing on the tip of his feet, he makes her wear the item. "Now you're perfect."

"It does not match the outfit." Libra speaks up with an annoyed tone. "After this is over, throw that in the trash, 'cause it's not happening. I didn't put such gorgeous makeup on her for this abomination, alright?"

"Why you don't go over the people there and tell them to wait for me? I bet they'd be very happy to offer you booze and something to smoke."

"Yeah, let me walk away from this garbage combination of colors." Libra bows to us and takes his leave, making head turns along the way.