Page 116: Epilogue

This is a tale as old as time itself. There was a legend that narrate about a horrific war between two creeds. Let the darkness fall eternally and consume the whole world to let one shine, or choose to walk among darkness to let the weak ones enjoy the warm and welcoming light.
There was no mercy. Too much was lost, too much blood was shed, too many tears were cried for the fallen...

The foolish rebel was eliminated thanks to the raise of the hero's shadow; a queen with neither crown, nor kingdom, she was the most powerful piece on the board with no moves left to take, but she overturned the table. While the once hated and feared hero, whose name once despised and symbol of disgrace, was now praised with glory and magnified with greatness, left with words of gratitude and tears of happiness; where the stars sleep in the calm dark stream, the hero's shadow sealed her Grimoire so peace will finally bless the universe.
Then she waited.
Despite her kindness and immense strength, the wait scarred her path with stabs of sadness in her heart, year after year, but for the sake of who's dear to her, she endured all with a loving smile.
She waited together with other saviors, isolated and slowly forgotten by the following generations. They watched kingdom rise and fall, they watched horrors and wonders happen in front of their eyes.

The shadow sighed at the silence she was now surrounded and with closed eyes, she raised her head towards the stars to make a wish.

"Every night I tell the stars a story about this lovely knight I can't get my mind off. And now they want to meet him too." she whispered observing how many lights there was that night. "Please be patient, he will come. Souls tend to go back to who feels like home after all."

Steps were heard behind the hero's back. And a calm voice spoke in the sleeping temple.

"My Lady, he's waiting for you."

With one last glimpse over the thousands lights with a satisfied smirk on her face, the unknown hero's steps resounded in those cherished halls, heading to greet her black star back.

-The End.-

AN: I want to thank you who read this story so far, and kept sticking around until the end. I am SO grateful for your consistent support through this long journey, the lovely texts during tough time, I couldn't wish for a better audience! 😭🤧
I want to thank in a special way these lovely people Echofrost5
Dark-Reunion
Bunnib01
-THEREALSLIMSHADY
EmJoIz
rainbowunicornz2011
univxrsetrio
AbbieAlbatraoz
Cloudisaurus
Moshi_mosh_Mosh
J1NWXO
kookiefalcon2018
chrizyqt
melaninbeauty_19
Wolfie473
who were the most active readers and through their comments and feedback I could turn these pages into a full adventure! (*˘︶˘*).。.:*❤️

Thank you again my dears, I will see you on the next journey~

With immense love,
Yuki

~~~
PS: go check ur fav character's sheet, I know ur dying to know more about the stars ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )