Page 49: Curses

3rd person's POV

At the question 'did you see someone walking around during the night', for the first time the answer is affermative.

"Can you describe what you saw?" Aslan asks focused on his writing.

"I could see him well because of the moon even if the mist was weak. This person was wandering around without a proper destination. He was tall but not as Astraea-sama, he had long and wavy light brown hair, lila eyes, a long earring made out of jade."

That description makes Astraea drop the cup in shock and Aslan wide his eyes until they beg for mercy. The gaze of both slowly move to the villager, it's like they want a proof they are not hallucinating.

"D-did you see if he had a pearl on his forehead?" this is the first time the mages hear Aslan stutter and they know is not a good sign. "Or maybe some very thin jewerrly stuck on his hairline?"

"I can't tell about the jewerrly, but I'm pretty sure I saw the pearl, yes."

"I see... Um, tell the others to wait outside." Aslan smiles and points at the main door. "I'll go take the meds you need, and once I have them, I will call your number. Refer it to the others, thanks."

"Pegasus, take the children and go to Aslan's studio. Take the medications he wrote here." Astraea takes all the papers and gives them to the surprised woman.

"My Lord, they are humans..." she whispers but Yuno heard her.

Does they have problems with us humans for real? He thinks faking to not paying attention.

"If anyone complains tell I gave them permission to go with you." the change of voice is enough to tame any doubts Pegasus had, and she takes the kids with her.

Silence falls in the room. Only two adults are left and both Yuno and Asta know is because the news are not good at all.

"What's wrong Astraea-san?" Asta beats the rival again, but the other doesn't care now. He's more eager to know what's going on in his hometown.

"Asta, do you remember what Araceli said during the fight at the temple?" Aslan takes the lead since his king is busy at thinking in his own world.

"Um... Something about killing other Lords, right?"

"Correct." the star locks his eyes on the knights, and quickly peek to his right. "The description matches one of those dead... He was the Lord of the Heavens, Jupiter."

Those words ring louder in the Magic Knight's ears. At each second they absorb the concept that a dead person is walking among them and for Asta is very, very worrying. Not because of the fact it may be an undead monster like he saw many times with being by Y/n's side, but because he was a Lord. Asta saw and knows well what a Lord is capable of with the littlest effort.

"What that means for us, sir?" Yuno asks to be sure, but also to understand if he has to die to protect his home or he still has a chance to grant his wish.

"It means that nobody here is able of fighting neck at neck. If not... another Lord." the kids and the adults' eyes move all to Astraea who seems furious. "Jupiter was really strong, not physically like Mars but with magic. He commanded all elements for he was the Lord of Heavens. I remember that asshole could control the weather at his tastes..."

"Astraea-san... Could-" Asta jerks when the man shuts him up in a rather angry way.

"I wanna punch something so bad..." he roars so lowly that the humans shiver and have chills down their back.

"If you do we can kiss goodbye to this village." Aslan tries to calm him down, but he looks preoccupied at the moment.

"I know... I also wanna scream."