Page 30: All VS One

3rd person's POV

Y/n defeated so many enemies she lost count, just like she lost track of time. Likepredicted the starting was easy,but more lines she defeats, the tougher and smarter the enemies are. At a certain point, using only martial arts is not efficient anymore, so the girl uses Aquarius' basic spells to cover her blind spots or attack where her body cannot go.

A few distractions cost her a bunch of wounds but not severe, light and superficial cuts here and there, but she gladly took the damages. Those distractions were Asta and the others fighting; Y/n felt reassurence when she saw a water dragon fly against the barrier. Y/n smiled knowing that finally Noelle unlocked a spell worthy of the power she holds within herserf. Later on, a dark fire easily cut through the coral buildings and she knew Yami joined to end the fight.

How long I'm in this situation? She thinks with a tired breathing. I think I'm close to the half, but I'm not sure I'm moving forth. There are too many soldiers to understand how many I actually have took down. I surely cannot look back and count their bodies...

Reducing the range of her vision is all Kenna's plan. She experienced how skilled her enemy is, damaging her will be hard and it'll take too much time. The plan is to bring the damages with her own hands. But how?
During all this time, hid by the vast army, a caster was silently chanting a very powerful spell, and now is ready to be casted. It flashes and flies across the area with an incredible high speed.

Quickly following the trajectory, Y/n abandons the fights to track down that huge arrow before it's too late.

"Pegasus!" a pair of white wings spring out and increase the girl's speed enough to recover the seconds she lost.

---
From the Black Bull's side, the horrible and hard fight against Vetto ended with the mages' victory. Everyone is exhausted, some are injured but a few are heavily damaged like Asta, Kiato and Kahono.
The priest runs to his grandchildren and begs forgiveness for have let them partecipate at a stupid game. Now that he's there though, Yami can leave his kids so he can go and help Y/n.

"You guys evacuate and-" the cave falls silent at the scary sound of Y/n's sword. It vibrates so fast and hard that the blade will soon break, the symbols are almost blinding. Something bad is coming!

Suddenly, the Knights hear a loud whistle coming from far, but that is enough for Yami to take immediate action.

"Run!" he yells while sprinting to shield his subordinates, but the danger is faster than he thought. I can't raise my sword in time! He bear himself for the impact, the light blinds him and forces him to close his eyes.

Everyone crouches or hugs each other in hope to shield one another, their sight is been stolen by the incoming huge arrow, their hearing is fading due to the loud whistle. When they feel a raising warmth on their skin, they know it's over. They cannot move fast enough to make Asta use his swords, they don't have even enough mana to do it and the boy himself cannot hold his weapons with his teeth only.
The impact is imminent, a blast of hot wind blows strongly towards them, they heard the rocks falling and breaking more and then everything stops with a weird sound.

.....

The mages wait to open their eyes. Are they dead? That's why they don't feel anything happening or hurting them, right?

The theory is broken by someone's pant.

"!!" when they peek, those eyes that wanted to stay closed, fly open in shock together with a sharp gasp.

Chills run down their spines various times, their breath is cut short leaving them with a pounding heart.

Steam and smoke mix around the only defence that saved the Magic Knights' lives. Big drops fall on the ground making that clicking sound echo in the deafening silence. Blood descends from that figure like a waterfall and that stillness is not a good sign, not a sign that reassures the Black Bulls.