Page 114: Evanescent

Asta's POV

I'm trying to wake up my Captain because we are so late to the surprise the Wizard King had for my dad, but he's sleeping harder than ever! I tried to tell him yesterday to not get this drunk, but I got kicked away. Noelle and a few of my senpais help with the task, but seeing how in vain our calls and knocks on the doors are, I decide to risk my own life to bring Captain Yami to the Capital, asap.

"EXCUSE MY INTRUSION!" I yell at the top of my lungs as I open the door of his room and march as loudly as I can closer to his bed. I spot tons of empty bottles around and dammit, he got drunker! He kept drinking after we got back... Sigh, he's passed out for good... "Captain we are SO late to the event! Please wake up!"

"No, don't wake him up like that!" Finral-senpai whispers as I shake my drunk leader. "He's going to be so pissed!"

"I have to senpai! We cannot be this late at this event!" I decide to hit my Captain's leg and my reflexes make me dodge a deadly slap just in time. He's worse than his puppies locked up down there. "Captain, please stop being such a child."

"You fucking brat. You dared to dodge my hit?" I slowly walk backwards when Captain Yami gets up from his hed and stares at me so powerfully I think he's scarier than Araceli. "How fucking dare you..."

"Sir, please. We're 2 hours late for the event." I try to dodge the grabbing attacks that keeps coming, but I'm running out of space! And I get caught. "Ok, I need you to reason more sir, please." I feel his fingers crushing my skull and I'm pretty sure I'm going to die. Yup, this is my end.

"Get the fuck out of my room, asshole!!" without regrets he throws me out of his windows and let me tell you, is a big fall.

"YOU ASKED ME TO WAKE YOU UP!!" I scream as I close my eyes ready to feel the ground as hard as I ever felt. Oh god, this is gonna like hell- Huh? My eyes are tightly shut but oddly enough, the earth is so soft? And it's holding me?

"Are you alright, little one?" when this voice reaches my ears I immediately open my eyes to find myself inside my dad's arms. God bless this man, he never shows up too late. I relax for a second in his embrace with a sigh of relief and a love for life I missed for those 3 seconds I was falling. "What happened, son?"

"I was threw out of the window. You can put me down, I'm fine." I smile at him and he gently guides my body until my feet are on the ground once again. I smile even more happily when he crouches on his knees and check if I'm hurt or have glass on my hair.

I am too obsessed with my dad and how he treats me and how he's dressed to notice my senpais calling my name and then freaking out like they saw a ghost. I don't understand, you guys saw so much worse than ghosts, it shouldn't shake you to the core like that.

"That's why I didn't saw you around." Dad chuckles and marches towards my teammates. "Please allow me to show my gratitude to you too." he says so as he proceeds to hug each one of us and also give us back pats.

What am I missing in this picture? I tilt my head as I keep watching my senpai getting hugged so gently they all burst crying. Then it clicks and I freak out too. If dad's here it means the ceremony is over!!! We missed the whole thing, goddammit!!

"Where's Yami-dono and Noelle-san?" at that question we all point at the broken window. "He didn't wake up, huh? For a moment, I shall ruin his rest."

We bite our nails afraid that our team is about to be wiped out. Dad levitates to the window and sits sideways onto it, peeking inside and he waves hello to Noelle. We can't hear what he's saying if he's talking, with the mask is impossible to see his face so... But I guess he is since Noelle joined us outside, telling us that dad asked her to leave for a moment. A few minutes pass by and we spot our Captain going for a strong handshake and a smirk, before disappearing inside his room once more. Dad climbs down and approaches me.