Page 19: Power

3rd person's POV

"Look around and remember who you are, daughter of the traitor. This is the cost of your crown."

This is where Y/n's snaps. Her teammates see how her body relaxes, how that weak shaking is gone. Standing still, surrounded by all that blood and gory ground without a minimal reaction... It's like her emotions have left her heart, soul and mind.

"You're right." even her voice lost any trace of human feelings. "My crown it's heavy on the heart but light upon the head."

Kenna reacts to the change. She's a psycho with her experiences in wars, she recognizes when something is coming. And that something may be Y/n marching in that bloody soil.

"I send people to die for the sake of a state, because that's the cost of my crown. I have to let children, friends and lovers die to protect a state, because that's the cost of my crown. I lost my freedom but that's the cost of my crown and I have to bear it in silence." when Y/n lifts her head, her eyes trigger something within Asta.

She has Astraea-san's eyes. Composed yet screaming so loudly with a scary, silent rage. Asta feels a painful grip not only on his heart and stomach, with time it spread all over his body and he barely can hide it from his friends. How big is the cost? Is it really worth it, Y/n? He's more worried for the girl than himself. His eyes cannot be fooled anymore, Y/n went into an upgraded version of her fight mode, something more serious and heartless. But the boy without magic knows it's just another layer added to her mask to hide the cracks.

"You're right. Do you know though what happens when the Queen walks in the battlefield?"

Kenna does not have time to furrow her brows in question, that after a single blink she finds Y/n right in front of her with a very sharp and thin weapon, ready to stab her in the head.

The psycho reacts and saves herself for a whisk, but the task of creating distance is impossible to achieve. At each lunge or any other attack of the spear is perfectly deflected with the Black Bull's feet. The sole not only deflects the blade of the weapon, but it also guides it where it leaves Kenna open for mortal blows.

"Get away!" screaming in frustration and stressed by the oppressive pressure the human had, the enemy manages to move away. What the fuck is that fighting style? She thinks observing the wizard landing on air. She stands on her tips giving a very elegant impression, but whatever is holding her up is very, very thin.

"You shall bow to her feet and beg god for mercy, because she won't have any." the sun makes shine something under Y/n's feet, but her opponent doesn't have time to process that the Black Bull charges, and this time more ferociously.

The fight looks more like a dance. Y/n flaunts an extremely agile and elegant moveset, using at the fullest her odd but satisfying style of moving her body to fight rather than using magic or weapons. This is on another level than when the she showed how athletic she is though, as she uses what it looks like threads and long kunai to set a perimeter that makes it seem as if she is walking on air. She attacks quickly and with deadly precision, the sound of the blades clashing, sparks fly around and Kenna's frustrated groans conquer the surroundings.

"You're his daughter after all! That emotionless face and gaze, just like him!" Kenna is injured and cannot stand neck to neck with Y/n anymore. "So heartless and cruel-"

"I am a demanding creature. I am selfish and extremely unreasonable." the kunais glow with a crimson light until they burn with a crimson fire. "But I am your servant."

"Do whatever you like, daughter of the traitor! This shield of mine cannot be broken!" Kenna takes stance and holds her big shield tightly, ready to receive the blow.