Page 37: Sé do bheatha 'bhaile

-The next day-

The Black Bulls have received rough instructions on how to behave. They have to handle the guests for a few minutes and they can be back at their loud and crazy selves.
For now, they cleaned the entire base and they made sure to not leave anything insulting exposed.
After cleaned the whole kitchen due to the messy lunch, they sit and wait. Out of the blue, Y/n walks in and heads to her seat.

She limps and struggles to find things.... The other mages feel sorry for her but the dominant emotion is mostly anger directed towards themselves. Seeing her slightly swinging her hand to look for something, how she traces things out to understand what she touches or holds, is a real hard punch in the stomach.

"Have you slept well-la?" Charmy approaches the table with food in her hands. "Here's you favorite, we won't be seeing each other for a while-la!"

"Thank you senpai, how kind of you." Y/n shyly smiles. "I have slept well. I was so tired but I feel refreshed now, thank you for asking."

As the minutes pass by, the guys sense a wave of mana they never felt before. It feels powerful, crushing in a sort of way.

Who's coming? Trying to not alert Y/n, they are ready to defend her in case an enemy shows up.

"Now bitches!" someone kicks open the door and the mages' mouths fall to the ground. "Where's my babe?"

Who's this freak?? They exclaim following the young boy walking inside. The click of his heels echoes, the tingling of his accessories join the melody as he seems to scan the base.

 The click of his heels echoes, the tingling of his accessories join the melody as he seems to scan the base

(Credits to the artist)

Is that Y/n's father?? It cannot be, I refuse to accept it!! They see him walking like an elegant woman, but as soon as he spots Y/n, he gasps dramatically. H-he's a male, right?

"There you are!" with longer strokes, he reaches the table and gently hugs the girl, caressing her head and face with grace. "Aw, you're eating? That's ok sweetie, I'll wait. Let's chat for a bit shall we? I have so much to tell you!"

That's the last sentence the Black Bulls understand, the rest of the conversation is in an unknown language. They are curious because Y/n often snorts or almost choke with her water for laughing at the guy's words. Which is new to the mages, so far nobody saw Y/n laughing so hard at something. While he keeps talking, the boy shows off his nails and the wizards want to make fun of him for doing so.

Y/n is blind, how can she see the color of his nails? Turns out they did good biting their tongues.

"Oh?" Y/n sounds surprised as she touches the boy's hand finding the slightest difference that flutters the other. "You changed shape and... The polish feels thicker. A new formula?"

"That's my babe!" the male moves his head from a side to another rather cutely. "Hurry up, so you can heal and I will show you-"

"Libra, what have I told you about behaving yourself?" a deep voice rings as a huge shadow towers the light of the door left open. "I agreed on taking you with me at one condition, remember?"