Page 44: Prayers

-The next day-

Asta's POV

When I'm up, Finral-senpai informs me that most of my comrades are out to find a cure for my cursed arms. I feel like a burden, but I'm also thankful that they try to help me with this issue. I know the doctors said that my arms are gone, but I believe that I'll get them back. I have to heal because Y/n is waiting for me, everyone does.
So while they help me getting over this obstacle, I will help them too. How? By solving the riddle the star-like spirit left.

"Senpai, can you please take me to the Golden Dawn base?" I ask holding the folded piece of paper in my hand.

"Huh? Sure." He approaches me with a smile. "Why though?"

"I have personal stuff to discuss with Yuno." I reply having a strange feeling in my stomach. It's since Y/n went home that I didn't feel this type of thrill.

"Oh Yuno-kun, I see!" moving by the side, the portal is there and he encourages me to step in, and I do so with a little head bow as a thank.

Once I step out, the Golden Dawn building is before me.
Walking around for a bit and getting eyed all the time with my senior, I find Mimosa. I call for her and ask if she can take me to my childhood friend. She happily agrees and so me and Finral-senpai follow her.

"Yuno-san? Asta-san is here for you." she announces our arrival at the door after knocking.

"Right on time." he quickly opens up and I can see from his face that something happened. "Come in, and lock the door please."

Even confused, Mimosa does as told and waits like us to know the reason why Yuno would act like this. After a better inspection, we see Captain Vengeance too. We greet him right away and apologize for not noticing him right away. He forgives us and encourages us to pay attention to Yuno instead.

"I received a letter from Sister Lily. Here, read it and then we talk." Yuno hands me the letter and with a knot on my throat, I unfold it.

Dear Yuno. I hope this letter will not interrupt your duties as a Magic Knight. Before I begin, please tell Asta to forgive me for not sending him a letter, but the only paper I had left I used it to prove to you that something here is not right. It's been a week that a few children began to have nightmares that frightened them very much. They said they dreamed a person wearing a long, old and ruined black cloak, the hood covered its face but its voice sounded malicious. Me and Father did not think it was a coincidence, nor something that should have been taken so seriously. Not until a few days ago. Those nightmares turned into something that tormented the children when they were awake... They cried in fear, yelling that a monster was at the end of their beds or right beside them. They said that it longly stared at them, moving its head from side to side. One of them drew it, please look at it and tell me... This cannot be right.

The children said that when the monster opened its jaws to smile, void was all they saw

The children said that when the monster opened its jaws to smile, void was all they saw. This creature terrified them to the point they refuse to go to sleep, they fear the night.... And me and Father are very scared as well. Please Yuno, call Asta. Prayers won't help us against this.... evil born in the darkness of the darkest night.