Page 60: Triggers

3rd person's POV

"I hope you're ready to be executed in the name of the law." the sentence keeps echoing in the silent plaza. But Y/n in the first place breaks the quiet.

This bullshit again? "With what charges I am being accused now?" she drops her voice and her soft lineaments get stiffer. "I don't recall breaking the law since I'm here."

"You are reported for the use of the devil's powers, and siding with the terrorists."

"Damnatio, those are false accuses." Julius steps in to clear the inconvenience, and he's determined to do so. "Y/n did not come here to harm any of us. She's saving us from a dangerous person."

"I side with the Wizard King." Vangeance raises his hand without hesitation. "Since she joined the Magic Knights, Y/n-san helped not only her comrades, but also the people of a realm that is not her. She protected villages and villagers from bandits and far more dangerous threats."

"Siding with her will only drag you down too. You cannot change what has been decided." Damnatio opens his Grimoire and glares at the girl. "The nobles have spoken-"

"Oh, now I get it. You see me as a threat for the royal families, don't you? My knowledge, my skills, my magic can easily overpower any Magic Knight, which I may add, the overwhelmingly vast majority are nobility and the core of the Clover Kingdom's defenses, is a fact that those fat men cannot tolerate. This also shows that your aspirations are more politically based rather than justice-based. How pathetic and ridiculous, but very much suited for a realm like this."

"Be quiet, your words are useless."

"For you nobles, helping who's in desperate need outside yourselves is a crime, even if there are no written laws that forbid it. So, how do I say this politely?" Y/n pushes her tongue against the inside of her cheek and then crosses her arms with a smirk. "I don't give a shit who you are and what are you saying. Unlike you, I am justice oriented person, therefore I stand my ground and state my innocence."

"You are corrupting people to follow you, the cheers of your name was enough of a proof."

"I am helping them to survive by themselves." Y/n stomps and the ground shake. "Left alone by everyone, they called for help but nobody believed them, nor went to help. I'm teaching those people to survive because none of you here treat them as human beings with rights."

"Whatever, this is your last time you try to-"

"Watch your mouth you ignorant, the sky is watching." suddenly the sky gets darker and darker, big scary clouds cover the stars and only huge and deafening thunders fall onto the plaza. "I just came back and you lazy royalties accuse me again. I'm growing tired of this shit, so I'm giving you one last chance. Fuck that up, and you will never see me again, no matter what happens to this country."

"Y/n-san, please be reasonable." William tries to stop the girl from going closer to Damnatio. "Hitting him will put you in a very bad position."

"Pff, like there's someone able to take me down in this shithole. I'm not going to do anything, my traditions don't allow me to fight during holidays, so consider yourself lucky, mister justice of my ass." the girl pulls out a letter and gives it to Novachrono. "This is a request from my father Julius-dono. Please consider it a gift for the new year. We will be waiting for your reply."

"Don't you dare move, criminal." Kira blocks the girl's path and holds up his scale. "One step and you will be taken down."

"What a cute scale you have, you'll be dead if you see mine though. Are you threatening me with that little toy?"