Page 76: Crimson Knight

3rd person's POV

Seeing that even after an hour of fighting the team did not move a single step forth; Y/n takes the matter in her hands. Now the mages have the order to stay close to her and walk without stopping, if not under her order. Every Clover Magic Knight think is it's an absurdity to do such a thing, but the girl once again, proves that she can protect them and fight at the same time. With the new platoon, the girl in black opens the way by punching the golem hard enough to make it fly all the way behind its own squad, dragging along whatever was in the way.

What great raw power.... William walks close to the young female, looking at how deep is the hollow in those soldiers' chests/stomachs. Or how easily the leader can literally crush their heads with every part of her body. It can be her hands, her arms, her knees, her thighs, even her ankles are able to twist such hard mineral to a lethal angle. I really do not want her as my enemy. Now Nozel is forced to believe her when she challenged the Wizard King, stating that she doesn't need magic, nor a Grimoire to erase a kingdom.

The further they go, the less are the golems sent against the intruders. Y/n defeats everyone again, but while she looks around for a new way to go, her senses scatter. In a bat of an eye, she pulls out her sword and immediately stabs whatever is right behind her.
With a veil of mist, the enemy falls into the ground.

"There are monsters here able to use stealth?" seeing the leader shocked about it, put the knights under a roller coaster of emotions; rocking in between anxiety, doubt and security.

"Behind you!" Nozel warns the girl about a bright light that is not from torches, and something flies missing Y/n's neck for a whisk. That looks like blaze magic.

"Even casters are on the first floor...." quickly killed the hooded monster, another platoon is already there and this time there are a lot of enemies, stealthy ones and even ones with canes. "This is not good, this dungeon is too risky." even saying those words, Y/n fights the horde.

"You ok, princess?" Zora approaches the girl once the fight is over. She bent on her knees to catch her breath, sweat runs down her face.

"I'll have to close my eyes for a second, and recover stamina." she says as she finds a pillar and slides down to sit and rest. As soon as her head hangs down to relax a bit, her forearm springs up and her armored hand catches an arrow aimed at her eye. With an annoyed sigh, she gets up breaking the arrow with a tighter grip. "This is why I fuckin' hate dungeons."

Damn it, they won't let her take a break. Even if the female commander is slaying the nth group of enemy, the two Captains see the difference of her performances. They can see that their main fighter is tired and need to rest, it shows in her own moves, those striking moves are not incredibly fast anymore, just like the power is decreasing as well. This is only the first floor and we are with the back against the wall already.

"Is there really nothing we can do to help her?" Mimosa looks around to find a water source, some food, anything that could be helpful to her friend. The only thing she found was a little flask hanged on one of the enemies, now lifeless on the ground.

"We have to run, I can't fight like this for much longer!" as Y/n shout, the team obey. They all stay close to each other and follow their leader's steps as she opens the way one more time.

Reached the end of the hallway, they find two ways to go: a big golden door on the right, dark and long stairs to the left. Mimosa gives the flask to Y/n, telling her where she found it and apologizing for not asking first, but if that can be helpful, then she'll gladly take whatever punishment she deserves for not listening to her commander.