Page 38: Overlord

Julius's POV

I went to the Black Bull base early, all thanks to Markus-kun's wonderful job. Never happened before, but this is something I feel I have to behave like a old-fashioned king.

I arrived and my heart stopped. Someone I never saw before was there and I immediately knew it was Y/n-kun's Lord. Someone with a mask on, strangely without a trace of mana but dressed like a god descended on earth...

How could I go wrong when a man like that sat in front of me? Y/n-kun is so unique, her Lord must be the image of her lands, so

How could I go wrong when a man like that sat in front of me? Y/n-kun is so unique, her Lord must be the image of her lands, so... Yeah.

My heart stopped because I thought I was late, but it also stopped because I didn't think this famous Lord could be a mountain under humanoid shape. My eyes went almost to the back of my head for how tall he is compared to me.

I got comforted by his words, but when he said 'not yet', anxiety started to grip my stomach. During the waiting, I thought so hard about every decision I have made that involved Y/n-kun, but nothing seemed offensive to me. Of course not, for Clover it's normal, but for Y/n's traditions and culture must be different.

Talking about her, when I saw her accompanied by a quirky boy dressed like a girl, my heart sank. Yami told me what happened at the Underwater Temple and I couldn't feel more powerless. A 15 years old girl forced to fight a vicious enemy all by herself, and every time she gets hurt more and more... As the Wizard King and as an adult I cannot accept it, but for I'm powerless against Araceli, I have no choice but to leave the fate of my own people and lands to her. Blinded, limping and her arm... A sight I didn't wish to see, but I didn't look away. I took my emotions as a punishment, so I continued to stare at Y/n-kun walking away, turning and lovingly smiling to her father and his unknown words.

Now that the girl left, I'm with the Lord, the owl-boy and I have to get a hold of myself to look professional. I politely look at the masked man in hope to encourage him to start the conversation, but it seems he likes to torture us with this heavy silence.

"Pleasured to meet you, Wizard King of Clover, Julius Novachrono." goosebumps cover my arm when he talks. There's something in his voice I don't like. "I apologize for forcing you to ditch important schedules for me."

"Absolutely, sir." I answer trying to not show how nervous I am. There are kids who admire me and take inspiration from me, I can't show myself weak. "I'm honored to finally meet you. I was curious to meet the person who raised a splendid human being like Y/n-kun."

"Forgive my rude manners Julius Novrachrono, but I'm going quickly down to business." he overlaps his legs and leans back onto the table. "I promised my daughter to stay by her side during her recover. We also have a big surprise for her which I do not plan to miss."

"Yes, of course." I bite my lips gathering the courage to ask only a question. "D-do you know about Y/n-kun's conditions, sir?"

"I do." he lightly snorts under the mask. "You are wondering if we can heal her blindness, right? Let me reassure you, we can."