Page 70: Mercy

3rd person's POV

A long and thick que is moving in the arena as Y/n keeps drinking her cocktail and joking with Leo in her mother tongue. When it's her turn, she jumps and lands like a feather on top of a hill and waits for the start, still with her lips linked to the glass.

"To all foolish yet brave ones who decided to fight my daughter." Astraea raises his voice so everyone can clearly hear his words. "Imagine a scenario where she's the worst enemy you ever encountered and you must kill her. You are allowed to use whatever spell you wish, or even fight her with your fists. I empathy for your Wizard King, so to not let him suffer much, you will have 3 chances to fulfill your task."

"Got it!" , "This is gonna be funny!" , "Yeah, an entire army against one little girl, especially without a Grimoire."

I feel my guts twisted, I feel like a monster is eating me from the inside. Slowly, enjoying its meal by taking its sweet time. Julius often grumbles in hope to loose up the tight knot in his stomach and heart. And the more he looks at Damnatio the more he hates him. The Wizard King knows that if he'd be able to convince Kira to retreat the accuses, nothing would change anyways. The Lord is not merciful enough to let him go away that easily. I literally cannot do anything to change the situation in better for my Knights... And it upsets me so much. "Your Majesty." the only option left is to learn from this mistake and remember to not repeat it; that's the lesson Julius wants the King of Clover to learn really well. "Please learn to not engage fights with people you know you cannot win against. If you make this mistake again, what's about to happen to your people will be the fate of your kingdom. So once again, please do pay attention to what you put your knights into."

"Witch, in what conditions the bodies need to be to be revived?" Julius bites his lips when the Lord speaks with such cold tone.

"You intend to kill them for real?" even the Witch Queen is lowkey shocked to see such heartless trait. I thought he liked to mess with people's minds...

"Of course, otherwise how can I show our truth to such blind people? They need a hard slap to be awaken, that's what I'm going to give them."

"....I can easily heal cut off limbs, heads, holes in the body, but if you burn them to ashes, I'm afraid that goes over my limit."

"My child, you have one task that I'm going to explain in a second." Y/n turns her head over the hill with such unbothered look that is humiliating. "I allow you to use magic, hold back if you want to use fire spells. The woman here cannot heal burned victims, please keep it in mind."

"Don't use fire, got it. What else?"

"Annihilate all of them." as soon as the Lord gives the signal to start, the inevitable happens in a blink of an eye.

Y/n did not pull out her Grimoire, nor she moved at all yet, all the Magic Knights even the Captains who joined the challenge, fell like a mature fruit on the ground. Novachrono springs up from his throne with a terrified look on his face, the king is speechless and afraid for his life, while Damnatio is still processing that such big army got wiped out without even lifting a finger.

"Man, what an embarrassing sight." Leo comments moving the ice around in his glass. "Heh, I wanna laugh to shake off the embarrassment, but that's rude."

"You know what to do." under that order, the Queen Witch activates her magic and in a minute, the dead are back into the world of the living. "Two chances left."

This time the mages move faster, but they literally make three steps and again, all of them fall lifelessly on the ground. And again, Y/n did not raise a single finger to do such thing. For the ones who had the common sense to not take on the challenge are now shivering because their blood just ran cold. Y/n does not even look at the army, she minds her own business sipping her drink and the nightmare hunts the mortals until they die.