Page 16: Say my name

Y/n's POV

I know too damn well this state I'm trapped in. My body feels so stupidly heavy and hard to move, my eyes are glued closed and force me to stay in the darkness, my senses are dull and non functioning. I experienced this already, I know the deal. It's a pain in the ass but I have to wait for my body to recover.

In the darkness I see a wonderful aurora spreading and a soulful voice sings in the distance.

Say my name so I will know you're back, you're here again for a while. Oh let us share the memories that only we can share together...

It's Astraea. He sounds heartbroken, struggling to deal with his mind and himself. What happened to him while I'm sleeping? Before I passed out in my room, I remember Astra calling out Aslan and...

I can't sleep any longer, I have to hear him out, help him figuring his self out. He needs me, I have to go. Against my own body, I force my eyes open and I find myself tightly cuddled to Aslan. I move a little and his grip automatically loosens to give me room, but I use this chance to try and sit up.

"Madam!" , "Master!" those voices belong to Fajra and Lorcan. Were they called out as well?

"Argh..." a groan escapes my lips when I finally sit up and I feel my whole body aching and pulsating in pain. "Goddamn it..." I move my hand over my head because it feels so heavy my neck is not ready to keep it up.

"Easy Y/n, easy." hold on, I don't remember anyone in my family with this voice. "Did you have a nightmare? Do you need something to go back to sleep?"

"Asta...?" my voice sounds like the roar of an animal for how sore it is. I hope I won't scare him. I lock eyes with him and he looks so worried... Wait, why is he here? How he found out this place? These questions can wait, just one cannot. "How long have I slept this time?"

"Almost six days." Gemini scans me like the others to see if I have more injuries. "How are you feeling?"

"So damn tired... and in pain..." I sigh and try once again to stand.

"Where are you trying to go?" now that I have a little bit of my senses back, I feel a hand firmly pressed against my spine and I know whose hand it is. "I'll take you there, tell me."

How can Asta understand what's in my mind? He always knows what I think, he anticipates my moves, he shows himself so understanding. Is he an empathic as well?

"Astraea..." I'm really blessed to have find a person so precious. I thank the gods for having brought Asta into my life because with just one word he knows everything.

"Are you able to guide me? He left this morning and I have no idea where he might be."

"No, you need to rest." Aslan grabs me and Asta both, even if he's half asleep he's strong enough to restrain two kids like us. "Stay here, the old man will be back."

Please say my name, remember who I am, you will find me in the world of yesterday. You drift away again too far from where I am when you ask me who I am...

"No, he needs me. Let me go Scorpius, please." I plead him with my eyes since my voice can't show how desperate I am to be by his side. "I will be back with him, I promise. I beg of you, I will rest afterwards, I swear on my name."

He let go and moves his blue eyes on Asta, still holding his wrist. "We can't go close to him otherwise he'll sense us. Can I entrust our Lord into your hands, Asta of Black Bull?"

"Yeah, I'll protect her with my life." with that answer said without a hint of hesitation, nor fear, Aslan sighs and releases Asta too. "Thank you for trusting me."