Page 86: Like Father Like Son

3rd person's POV

At the ruined temple, the stars hail their new king, Aslan who encouraged them to think at him as a temporary substitute of their real Lord.
Seeing those souls, so devoted and fearless to the point of insulting not one but two Lords, Atlanta's chest warms up.

"Where there is no desire, all things are at peace." as Mars whispers those words, he looks around at the outside world. "You had nothing my friend, you doubted yourself fueled by others' judgement and words. And yet, this is the highest peak of any kingdom. After all, the gentlest things will always overcome the hardest things."

"Atlanta, you're speaking to yourself again." as soon as Oberon talks, everyone is charmed by his voice.

"We will win. Like we have before." for a man so adept to kill, Aslan's blue eyes are so soft, a grin shows onto his lips. "Astraea will be back in a week. He will not leave us behind, for he wants to be the last one to go to the other shore. He has us, he has a home to be back to, and so he will." with a bunch of words Aslan pumped his friends with a bigger hope and will to keep on moving until the end. "The Lord of the Moon's magic is treating him; but when our king will be back he'll be weak and confused. He will also be like I used to see every day, very depressed and without a will to see the dawn. Keep cheering him up and show that you love him and don't want him to disappear."

"What about Y/n?" asks Phoenix carrying the question for all his teammates. "She will make it back too, right?"

"I cannot answer that. Y/n has zero chances, we cannot help her with our skills or curses like with Astraea..." Aslan lows his head to hide his face, but gets slapped hard by Uranus. "The fuck you doing, dumb bitch!?"

"How fuckin' dare you doubting your sister's comeback! Oh, I doubted it for while before.... Atlanta, slap me."

"And out of all people, you want me who hardly can control my own strength?" Mars loses color in his face as Aslan carried on the task, but rather than a slap he went for a full punch. "Why did you punch your father, Young Aslan...?"

"Hey, he asked for it. What makes you different than me, hah?"

"Motherfucking-" Oberon stands with a bruise on his cheek and a glacial wind almost freezes everyone on spot. "You bitch ass bitch, you really punched me like the asshole licking pussy you are, huh!"

"You asked, so I caught the chance." as always Aslan does not turn down a provocation, nor a fight.

"Try to catch these hands-!?" like a kid in primary school, the Lord of the Moon is lifted from the ground and looks up over his shoulder. "You giant piece of shit, let me down!"

"Calm down, Oberon." Atlanta sighs tiredly but deep down he's smiling nostalgically. In his past days when he visited Astraea, both had always to stop Oberon to create troubles, or Aslan to not pick up a fight. "He's your son, you shouldn't throw your hands at him. You know better."

"I know how to kick him in the balls so hard they'll be flying to his throat! I know how to pull his hair to make him bald and then let's fucking see who'll be the one laughing, bitch! And let me down you mountain fucker, I look like a child next to you!"

"You are a child. You weren't called the troublemaker for nothing, you know?"

Like father, like son. Whoever is watching thinks the same thing. Whichever side they look at, it's the same scenario; one is raging up while is held back their friend to avoid a futile and ridiculous fight. It does not seem that a moment ago a real war was about to happen. They really are so alike, truly like child and parents. The watchers seem to have found the same traits in the quartet. Denara and Atlanta are both calm and try to make their friends reason while holding them back by using their innate super force. In the other side, Oberon and Aslan seem to share the same brain cell; they do the very same gestures probably unconsciously. It could be a gaze, a habit, the language, a silly move to use as a provocation, the strange beauty both hide...