Page 63: Master of war

Araceli's POV

I made a mistake. I've heard that the king of the Spade realm is attracted to women with a specific body shape and sizes, so I wanted to trade an alliance by using a few of the Lords' soul I managed to call back from the underworld. My number one choice was supposed to be Venus, but since I don't know yet how to disguise one soul from another, I ended up resurrecting a very troublesome Lord. Not only he is very, very hard to control but every time I force him to follow my orders, he breaks free after a precise amount of time. I also noticed that each attempt, the time he needs to be free is reducing by a lot, that's why now I'm letting him do whatever he likes.
I made another mistake there. While I was busy organizing my army for the last battle, that bastard let my trump card flee and now I can't track that trash back. There's a 50% chance he went to the nameless child, and I don't want to face him. Not yet. Not when I'm this close to have the power that finally will allow me to overpower a Lord. I'm a being greater than the gods, I just need to climb the very last stair to be at the very top of the galaxy.

"The nameless hero will fall at the end of this war, and I will be the one standing over my new world." I can taste victory in my mouth already, and I can't wait to step over that fucker's corpse. He needs to learn even after death what it means to be as weak as a mere human.

"Still thinking about making the sun fall? Humans really do not know where to put a limit for their greed."

That annoying, angered voice, the echo of metallic heels, and the air being cut by his blade... Tsk, talks the one ended under my control twice. I turn and keeps my cool before the only Lord able to match my nemesis' raw strength.

(Credits go to the artist Moyna)

I want to keep him as long as I can, his presence is a first class train that'll drag my target in the battlefield and won't allow him to get off until one of them is dead. He is the master of any warlike strategy, not for anything he was called Lord of Duels.

"I thought you spoke in a different manner, Mars. Do I remember wrong? You know, it's been ages and I tend to forget my victims." I say with cutting sarcasm in my voice to remind him that I'm the one in charge.

"I do speak with manner, but only to who deserves my respect. You don't belong in that list, cursed and greedy man."

"Come on, don't call me like that. I lost my humanity long time ago, plus you fell for greed too, didn't you? You want to beat the nameless bastard as much as I want to, you yearn a powerful opponent and I have it."

"Astraea is my friend first and foremost, his figure of my rival comes after that. However, the thought that you really believe you can take him down is confusing. I can't decide if is either funny, outrageous or just ridiculous."

"Keep thinking 'cause soon you will no longer have a functioning brain." I snap back. My nerves are being tested with the past and the remind of my failures.