Page 72: Vad Leaders

Yuno's POV

The moment I stepped into this world, my nostrils are assaulted by the strong smell of burned things, and the thick smoke is putting my throat and lungs under a tough resistance test. But I easily ignore all of this due to the immense army of monsters. Left and right, flying and covering the sky... They are numerous, truth be told, this may be hard to make our way through. But I saw Y/n fight, all together we can make it, there's no way we five will be stopped by those brainless creatures.

"Hand out your necks for me." Y/n stabs the dry soil with her elegant sword, and holds her hands up in a very delicate manner. "This is a spell that will allow us to talk to each other even if apart."

I bend my head back to expose my neck and gently, her cold armored hands slightly touch my skin. I stand still as a feeble light shines and later on, she steps back with a pat on my shoulder. I can't touch it, it's like I got a tattoo. I try to feel the marks, but since I cannot tell the difference, I guess by looking at Captains, I have ancient looking ruins painted all around my throat.

"Because of your Grimoire, I'll put the spell in the earring, but it's still linked to all of us." Asta is the only one who has to locate the source elsewhere, but as Y/n said, seeing the nature of his magic, that is the most right thing to do to keep intact the connection between us.

"Thanks." Asta touches the accessory with care and is excited to have those shiny symbols so close to his eyes.

"Captain Yami and Mereoleona-dono, stay on the roofs and take care of the flying bastards. Warn us in case of obstacles. Wait for further instructions." the Captains envelop themselves in their Mana Skin and they are off slaying the enemies in no time. "Yuno, Asta, I want your transformations at my service please."

I and Asta look at each others, but we both kick our confusion aside and do as Y/n asked. I unlock my Spirit Dive, while Asta triggers his demon form. We stand still waiting for orders, and our commander smirks proud of us. I can't see her face because of her hood, but I heard her tone of voice well enough to state what I said.

"Ready to kick some asses!" Asta's yell signs our starting as well.

Y/n runs very fast it's impressive she's reaching such high speed without magic. The two Captains are ahead of us too, nailing what they were asked to do, those ugly birds keep falling from the sky or roofs like there was a plague here.

We don't have a chance to fight anything at this pace. Y/n's combat skills are outstanding, she takes on I don't know, 10 monsters in once and she easily kill each one of them. Nimbly, quickly and without wasting time. She makes sick acrobatics and boom, the monster is dead. That pretty dark blade spins so fast it makes me dizzy looking at it for too long, it cuts things with a clear line and such melodic crystalline sound...

"Big one at hour 2!" at the first warning, Y/n slides on the ground to stop, and me and Asta do as well.

Claws shatter the side of a house, as the monster shows itself to us. A big and rusty blade is held by those claws, its steps are heavy enough to make the ground shake, and this one does not have the part we need to stop the machine forever.

"A headless one, huh?" Y/n takes stance and holds her sword with both hands, bending her knees a bit. "I deflect its attacks to break its balance. When you see the opening, cut its arms off and I will finish it."

"Roger." Asta and I make a few steps back to leave her room to fight, but both of us are ready to sprint and cut in a single strike those thick and muscular arms off.

The pitches sound of the swords smashing against one another is almost satisfying; just like those sparks born from each collision. The monster is fast in its attacks, but Y/n keeps track of every move and perfectly parries everything. She moves around like she's dancing, her steps are as light as a feather, but her arms remain as firm as an oak to take the blow and guide it somewhere else.