Page 88: Selenophile

Asta's POV

Apparently Mars is not here, so Byakko-san helps to separate Uncle and Aslan, but Oberon is pissed. He literally froze Byakko's and Leo's magic so he could keep fighting, but in the end Byakko transforms and slams his big and heavy paws onto the two and force them to stop. He roars in their face so loud our glasses crack and their hair are spiked.... They look so funny.

Aslan takes dinner for two and leave, while Uncle sits next and ruffles my hair one more time. When I think chaos is settled, my teammates and friends all yell questions. There's so much going on I don't get a single word, but I kinda get that they ask the same thing just in different ways.
The question is: "is it true that Y/n is your sister?"

Taken aback, I ask why they'd think that, and I realize that I blew up my cover out of pure rage. They remember me that before going in berserk I yelled at Araceli to give my sister back.... I cannot hide anymore, even Yuno was bombarded with the same questions but he kept his promise, same with Father Orsi and everyone at the village. We made a promise, but I can't fake it any longer. So with a deep sigh, I open my lips.

"Y/n is my twin sister. I discovered it when I went back at Hage to protect it from Araceli." I still remember that night and how Y/n behaved after the truth was revealed to us. "Y/n's family were the only ones who knew it, but Father Orsi recognized her and told both of us who we really were."

"That's the reason why you were so chill about her return after 6 months!" Captain Yami slams his glass on the table and growls. "Motherfucker!"

"If you discovered it at the village, then Yuno-kun knew it all this time too." the Wizard King joins and looks at my rival with his eyes shining like lights. "That's why you were so close to her out of the blue."

"That is not it, sir." Yuno replies and everyone's eyes are now on him. "Before coming to the Capital, Y/n contacted me and said that she would have liked to give gifts to us all. So I arranged a meeting with my family again and I helped her to do what she wanted for the entire village."

"More like she helped you, Yuno-nii!" , "Like when you slipped and she caught you in her arms just in time?" , "Or when she took the heavy stuff so you could rest and not use magic?" , "Y/n-nee is surely stronger! She's Asta's twin for a reason!" , "Yeah, she gave us a combat lesson through a very cool song!" , "And Yuno-nii was such a mess with his stick!"

Yuno ignores the embarrassing memories as the kids keep roasting him without mercy. They only stop when Father Orsi and Sister Lily remind them to not be so noisy during dinner, especially when they have to follow different manners.

"Speaking of Y/n, where is she right now? I never saw her during all this time we were kindly taken care of." I forgot they don't know yet. Father looks at how silent everyone is now, how gloomy and grave they all are. "Did I say something rude perhaps?"

".....She..... dead....." Susanoo's dull voice shocks us and we try to stop him but as always, he is very brief with his words. I shall say too direct.

Father Orsi is probably the one who holds Y/n the dearest, and he's quick to give up hiding his heartbroken face. Fat tears form in his eyes as the other kids are in their strongest denial phase. "......W-what?"

"We are the responsables." Captain Vengeance speaks up looking at his reflection in the soup. "She had to battle many enemies by herself to protect us; she faced a greatly skilled knight and won for a whisk. Then she secured us a way out and I am sure she was way more tired than she said to be."

"Being tired surely won't kill you that fast." comments Nozel earning angry gazes from here and there when his siblings agree with him. "Her opponent was superior, that's all."