Page 61: Not Giving Up

Y/n's POV

I arrived at this volcano and everyone is still into town. Now I have to wait, fuck me. I'm coming along just because I promised I'd stay to let my companions show me around, and because the Captain has my brother. It's not even a day and I already want to leave this shitty place. This place pulls my triggers like nothing else in this damned world and I'm already stressed out, I don't need more stress!

My child, breathe. What's wrong?

What's wrong?! I'll tell you what's wrong! I came back, bought specific gifts for my friends to surprise them, but how the royalty trashes paid me back for my hard work? First, they accused me again and another asshole wanted to kill me.

Mh, that is interesting. I'll deal with that personally, my child. What else is bothering you?

Thanks, but I already dealt with the fucker. Later on, while I was napping because the time zones are so fucking huge from my place and this shitty town, I got woken up by a Captain and said that I had to go with her! During the way, that bratty Noelle had to slap me 'cause she can't even hit someone literally an inch away from her! I got tired of her bullshit and here I am!

"Here I am too." when I look to my left, I see Astraea with a smile on his face. "Let's sit down for a bit, shall we?"

Even if I said no, it doesn't take any type of effort for a giant like him to force me to follow him onto his lap as he sat on the ground. He hugs me from behind and rests his head on my shoulder.

"You didn't want me to follow you all the time, so I had to rely on my parent's sensor." he says with a sweet but also teasing tone.

"I didn't want to stress you. You just recovered, rest for a bit more, that's all I asked." I sigh and lean back onto his chest to be more comfortable.

"I slept for almost a month, I rested- ow, ow, don't pull my cheek, dear, please!"

"You have ages of sleep to recover, a month is not enough!" I cross my arms and pout. "I don't get it. I am here to help, but these idiots keep accusing me. Do I need to show them the difference between their accuses and my innocence?"

"That's not a bad idea. A little scare could do the trick. That's what I did with the Wizard King, and look how he changed attitude towards this matter."

"Oh, that's why he seemed different! You traumatized him!" I chuckle as he raises his shoulders but doesn't deny his actions. "This place really sets me off... It's not the worst country I've stayed, but for fuck's sake."

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, my child. And the oldest and kind of fear is fear of the unknown." he keeps playing with my hair and it's been so long since he did it, I'm almost falling asleep under his tender strokes. "Let's untie this braid, it's too tight and it's hurting your scalp. The feeling of headache will only increase your stress only. You can back home you know, and enjoy the holidays with us."

"No, I have a few things left to do." I have triggered Astra's overprotective side now. I can tell by the way his breathing changed, even the feeling of his hug became safer and tighter. Great job me.

"Let me handle them. Scare things off is my natural talent after all."

"I'll do them, don't worry about it!" my voice came out louder than I wanted. Oh no, I'm melting in his hands...

"Why are you so stubborn about it, my child? Is it because you think I'm not in good shape yet?" Curse those caresses, each stroke is so gentle, I feel like he's treating my soul and not combing my hair with his fingers. "Don't worry little one, it takes more than a loss of blood to kill me." he whispers kissing my temple.