Cyno 💧 Y/n

I liked this idea ngl

"Lacuna"

The academy was bustling with researchers and students, skilled with alchemy, biology, and the like. That being said, however, Y/n was an outlander, or better yet, someone who was sent to this world. They were born, like any other mortal, just exceptionally more intelligent having their memories in the old world. This isekai story was quite common.

Just when Y/n, a science prodigy was struck with misfortune, laying in their deathbed with their crying husband, the sudden beam of light just after the void consumes their eyes was unmistakably, a cool blue sky.

"There is still so many things I ought to know about this world," Y/n mumbled, clutching their Dendro Vision. Alchemy is... very different than science. That was made true after finding out that there were no molecular structures in the world they were in... they were just there. Alchemy is like logic and magic combined, and that is how this world runs. "But why did the gods bring me here... Are they forcing me to conjure another life... when my wife/husband is busy crying?" Y/n looked back, dazed e/c eyes looking at the flowers of Sumeru. Their eyes were glossy. "God damnit... I shouldn't be getting emotional," Y/n mumbled to themselves.

            "Y/n?" They hear a familiar voice, and their shoulders tensed. "Are you... okay?" A warm hand touched their shoulders. "I'm fine... no need to worry," Y/n  said, though their voice wavers and they found themselves, crying a river.
"You can tell me anything, Y/n... I don't like seeing researchers suffering... especially bright minds like yours," Cyno sat beside them, carefully bringing the young researchers to his arms, where they heavily sob.
"I-I'm sorry, its just that... there was something dear to me that I lost..." Cyno looked at their grieving eyes. "Something... that is very special... very life-changing," They replied, looking at their hands, where there was no ring.

            "Not only that, it has been lost for so long... I have forgotten its existence up until now."
Y/n looked at Cyno's orange eyes, trying to find an answer. "I only know that there's a hole waiting to be filled."
(Go to horny jail)

          Cyno held them close. "It must be... much more precious than mora, more valuable than all the gems combined," said the male.
"My old life... I still remember my past," said the young researcher as it stared at the azure sky. "The life I lived, my past life... I died of a terminal illness... and I had a husband. When I died, I had a ring, a color like that of quartz... Inside, I feel the past Y/n desperately clawing to find the ring, but... They disappeared after forgetting its existence."
Cyno looked back at the figure. Rumors say they were an outlander for such exquisite intelligence that goes far beyond an average researcher.

           "The me before had forgotten their face... their voice... but they wonder if they're still out there, mourning." Cyno carefully hid their face on his chest. "I am sure... that they are still thinking of you... that they are trying to stay strong... but you, too, are grieving... are you?"
Y/n looked at Cyno, smiling with a solemn gaze. "I still wonder how you are able to catch up and piece everything... yes... I am grieving because I am simply not dead... Death do us part, and here I am, studying alchemy... here I am, without their presence... I really tried staying strong, b-but..." Cyno could feel tears on his shoulder, and he hummed a small lullaby. "I-if I d-died... I-i wouldn't be grieving like this! Was Celestia angry at me? Was it all because I-i did not work hard enough for the life I wanted?" Cyno frowned. He loved their presence, yet only now did he found out the sorrows that pierce through their skin and onto their heart. He hated how he was just a shoulder to cry on...

          "You inspire many of us researchers, Y/n... more than you expected."
The soft susurrus of the winds sliding past trees and plants were heard. "You hold knowledge from beyond... and you are not afraid to share what you know. Even the Dendro Archon was moved with your dedication..."
"It's not about the knowledge I have, Cyno... It can never be... my expertise are nothing but a curse if I will be stripped away of my ending for it."

          "Are you not happy with the life you have right now?"
Cyno looked at the figure who couldn't utter a word.
"I am... I am happy, but this nagging pain in my chest will not stop... this... lacuna remains until I am gone... I feel so empty, Cyno..."

The male gripped their chin, so that they would look close to his own eyes. "You are stuck in the past... the nagging pain in your heart will continue to scorch and burn when you continue to linger on an old wound...
Y/n... will you let me distract you from your sorrows?"
Before Y/n could answer, they could feel lips sealing their own. A desperate sob racked through their body, and they kissed back. "Cyno... please..." Cyno kissed them once again, until their back touches the grass.

            When their lips parted, Cyno whispered to their ear, "Let me help you forget, Y/n..."