Chongyun 💧 Y/n (M4F)

"Forbidden" — prebby dress

             The night was young, but the scenery remains but an old day-to-day landscape, like that of a picture

The night was young, but the scenery remains but an old day-to-day landscape, like that of a picture. Nothing really changes other than the subtle faces of people, from their youth to their seniority. The glint of silver decorates their little ears, and their forlorn e/c eyes stayed the same. An entity such as themselves should be passing, but the earth clung to them like strong ropes. Y/n was the remains of a supposedly demon, a regretting little pawn who was a poor victim of the raging archon war. She lived in Liyue, all her life, a gentle little demon, but the looming terror had caused her to, not only lose her life, but the child of a slaughtered family she desperately raised since their spiritual departure. The god who killed them died a painful death, and her escape had lead her to this very moon. The image stayed, engraved in the back of her mind. Her white dress flows from Mt. Tiangheng, her feet, barely visible. The soft whispers of the wind continued to silence her footsteps. She looked at her darkened claws, to which she raised towards the moon. Hideous... it looked hideous.

The sudden burst of cool energy put Y/n to a stiff position, as behind her stood an exorcist, one that she knew would arrive soon, after hearing them scream upon her appearance. Was it hideous? She couldn't tell. There was no reflection in the water when she would look.
Naturally, she tried to relax, not moving an inch. There was a soft squeal whenever the exorcist would move closer. "Are you the spirit dwelling in here?"
Y/n could only look, expecting a talisman on her face, when an ice blue-haired male stood instead. His weapon was nowhere to be seen. "Please don't hurt me..." Y/n manages to squeak out.
"I-I'm just asking. No need to be afraid," The male calmly replied. "What is your name?"
"Y...Y/n." The ghost wavers, as if she was trying to remember. She must be an old spirit... but she looks more like a demon...

"How did you die... if it's okay to ask," The exorcist moved closer, which made the ghost shiver at the positivity caged in his form. "I was a pawn... for a being who killed an orphan that I secretly raised... and I was forced to watch it all, the scene of their lifeless body... is the last thing I saw before my heart was surrounded with strings."

          Y/n laughed bitterly. "I can't do anything about it... I tried so hard... but they were gods."
Chongyun sat before her, extending his hand to the female, who stepped back in fear. "Do not fret. I do not plan on killing you."

The whole night they talked, be it about her life serving a god, down to her final breaths. In the end, Chongyun also told her his life, one born with positivity. That night was the start of a blooming relationship.

          The tenth night he came, Y/n was smiling upon seeing his figure. The scent of Qingxin stayed in her hair, the subtle warmth of his body became her comfort. Though her arms cannot pick up a Qingxin flower, they were fine just being able to watch it sway with the wind. Y/n was slowly falling in love, and she knew that she shouldn't. Her life alone, hanging by a thread should be painful, but he was there to warm it... Chongyun was there to make her feel better. His warmth was so addicting, that Y/n can't help but hold his body close to her, though it was futile... it was futile to be with a mortal.
As for Chongyun, he was grateful to have a friend, and to find an entity that did not run away, though he wasn't able to exorcise her... she was what remains of a demon, but her nature was like that of a dendro slime, shy, and bashful. He fell deep for her, and he knew... But the forbiddenness of a fruit makes even the taste of a lemon sweet.

          Days turned to weeks, and weeks to months. Y/n softly cried, knowing well that the bond would be hard to sever. She found purpose in meeting the exorcist...
And with the yaksha in front of her, snarling, she knew that it would be the end.

"Yaksha... I'm not ready to pass yet..." The spear ever so closely digs lightly through her forehead. "I found what it felt like to fall in love... and a demon like me never knew such an emotion existed," Y/n bitterly laughed.
The yaksha above her says nothing. "Please don't kill me yet- I want to tell him that I love h-"

Silence ensues after a painful cut, the black and cyan magic surrounding the yaksha causing excruciating pain as Y/n cried. Her body rots and disintegrates, but her head remains intact. He lifts it with his hands. "May you pass peacefully. I shall relay to him, your love, demon."

           Before February ends lies Chongyun on the summit of Mt. Tiangheng. On his hand, a single Qingxin, and on the other, the white dress of what could have been his lover.
He sighed, shedding a tear, and cried to the moon.