Diluc ✨ Y/n (M4A)

"Long Time, No See."
___
         The spectrum of the night sky brought life to the dark nights of Mondstadt, bringing a subtle sense of comfort to the people who see the stars. Despite the night's light, who offered guidance on the lost, he was far led astray, conflicted with the past that had stolen his smile. Y/n can't help but wonder if he'd remember their face.
          The crystalflies in Windrise offer a lightshow to pay homage for the lone noble, trailing light wherever they go. Their anemo vision glowed against the treebark as their head closes in to the tree. "I really... don't know how to face him," they muttered, bitterly grinning.
The fleur de lis mark on their ring glints against the moonlight, and the crystalfly that decided to near their sulking body.

          "My, my, what an familiar face!
Forlorn and somber, yet they sat still with grace," The sound of an angelic voice sent the figure to a tense position, gripping their claymore sword in a stance.
"I am but a bard, who wishes no harm. A bard who wonders why your tears are fresh and warm," Reluctantly, they let the weapon disappear, as they heaved a sigh, breath hitching as the cold winds nip at their face. Venti grinned and took their bare hands, brushing over the golden ring.
          "You look cold, despite those covers. Why don't you stay in Mondstadt with a glass of wine and supper?" He insisted, grinning at the figure who looked at the bard with hesitance and uncertainty.

           Eyes gaze upon their arrival, looking closely at the figure clad in cream-colored attire. They were after all wearing quite the noble attire. There were no horses, no men cladded in black to assist them, only a bard that dragged them to the winery.
"I never even got your name yet," They mumbled, wanting to break contact and look away. "The name is Venti!" He winks, and opens the bar's doors.

          A red-haired man takes the role of Bartender, one cladded in black, with a heavy-looking coat with intricate patterns and tassels. The figure could find different kinds of citizens, drinking away as the pub reeked of alcohol, but their eyes went straight to the bartender, tensed shoulders, as they gripped the bard's hands tightly. Venti looked behind to see their dreadful face, as if fear had gotten hold of their actions. "You look scared, like you've seen a ghost," Venti looked at the sweat rolling down from their temples. He followed their gaze to the bartender, cleaning glasses. "Everyone in Mondstadt is a friend, and no foe," Venti smiles, but Y/n continued to grip hard. "I-i'm sorry. I... Shouldn't be here... not after what I've done," Y/n murmured, tears slipping out. "Hey, hey. Please don't cry." The scene by the door gained gazes from the people, from six-fingered Jose, to knights off-duty. Even Diluc, who had been watching their little skit, felt intrigued; rather, he felt happy to see the face of a person he missed from the past.     
          "We're here to drink and spend the night, forgetting the memories... isn't that right?" Y/n trembled under the gazes of the people, "But... I can't... I really can't face him like this," Y/n whimpered. "Bard," the mellifluous voice of the said person brought the two to realization. Y/n's widened and they buried their head on Venti's chest. "Welcome back, Y/n." Diluc, carefully took their hand, applying a gentle kiss on their knuckles. Venti watched the interaction, a smile displayed on his face. They continued to stay buried on the bard's chest, although, they were blushing. "If you think I am angry, I insist that I am fine. In fact, I am quite happy. Welcome. back, Y/n," He took the crying figure onto his arms, head now burrowed in his chest. "I... I'm sorry," They cried out as his hand gently brushed through their hair. Diluc eyes Venti, thanking him, and he made his way at the back of the tavern for a more private conversation, the whimpering figure following along.

           He eyed the small earring by the right of their ear, his eyes mellow from their face in his memory. "What is there to be sorry about?" Diluc asked, looking at the figure before him, hands caressing their teary cheeks.

         "I left without saying goodbye." Diluc continued to look at the teary-eyed noble. "Mother and Father forced me to live my next days in Fontaine. Everything felt lengthy until I finally had the courage to step out, back to Mondstadt... I miss you, Diluc," Red orbs gaze upon their puffy face. He nears their face, the distance closing as his lips touched theirs. It was a sweet kiss, short and affectionate. "D-Diluc!" His charming grin was plastered on his face, but instead of the usually feigned facade of a grin, he was genuine. He pulled them closer, holding them against their chest.

            "I still kept your guest room throughout the years," Diluc murmured, hands gently brushing their h/c hair. "Even the picture?"
Diluc smiles softly, "Yes."

          By the room, laid a picture on a brown frame, their childish selves laughing as the camera shoots.

"Especially the picture."