Childe 💀 Y/n (M4A)

REWRITTEN— "Beginning"

            Long time ago, before the archon war even, there was a star that fell to the lands of Teyvat.
The "star" was that of a child wrapped in light, long wisps of h/c hair, and peaceful closed eyes. Celestia's merciful gift was a blessing, and they chose the lands of the free Barbatos to hold onto this tiny offspring. It gave fortune from its presence alone, and such power was a must to hide.

And thus Y/n was Barbatos's only light from his mournings.

Despite being with the god of the free, Y/n still had limitations. Of course, a child knows not of what the world has to offer, and Barbatos made sure that she would not stray from his sight... until one night where he came back from his little tree and little Y/n was unseen.

          Fear struck, and he stared wide-eyes at what has been left, a small cloak of green. He decided to fake his rest in search of the little star he sowed to the lands, unknowing that the archon of ice who had cut ties from the archon had poor little Y/n in her hands.

-p r e s e n t-

Liyue was prosperious. That is indeed a fact, seeing all the blooming businesses by the famous Liyue harbor. The traveller, a young and foreign female and her pixie-like companion wandered around the harbor upon Venti's request. Along with that was a solemn order to find a child, quoted,

「A pair of innocent e/c eyes and wisps of h/c hair
One could not resist an innocent beauty, and s/c skin, bare.」

That being said, Lumine made sure to find this child, and retrieve them to Barbatos, however, of course, Paimon being Paimon, she was reluctant, seeing how suspicious that request is. The two were simply being kept from the secrets of the world.

They trudge up to the location of the great dragon's descent, unaware of the sudden change of tradition. Instead of the dragon of gold showering the people with his presence, his corpse lay on the ground that was cratered upon contact, and the exuvia laid unmoving.

Thus came the millelith to patrol around the sight, interrogating the townsmen. Of course, being a traveller, there was no doubt the honorary knight of Mondstadt, Lumine, would be questioned, so the best thing to do was to try and sneak out of the venue— keyword: try.

The millelith sought for the traveller, spears on hand, ready to apprehend the traveller in white, when a male of ginger hair interrupted the battle. Blades of water slashed through the guards, and he helped the two in their successful escape.

The man was Childe, a Fatui in business in the land of contracts. Being a Fatui, it arose suspicions, especially for someone who first came to Mondstadt, and learned of the Fatui as a bad organization from the lands of the cold wintry winds of Snezhnaya. The male talked with ease, which was all the more unconvincing. It was when a child came that Paimon couldn't help but gasp.

"The ruling Qixing of Liyue has always been suspicious of us," The male stated, recalling the incident of Morax's death. It had been so sudden, and being a Fatui, the organization the Qixing of Liyue watches with eyes of a hawk, this could hurt the businesses thriving in the lands. Of course, being Fatui...
"Well can you honestly blame them?"
Paimon simply does not sympathize with them.
"Guess I shouldn't try to deny that," The male laughed in reply.

"Childe!" And there they were, the wisps of h/c, the innocent e/c eyes. A petite figure ran up to the male, bags on their little hands as if they had made an errand.

Has she been hiding to Liyue all this time?!
"Y/n? My, my. You really bought a lot," Childe chuckled, setting aside the subtle gasp he heard from the two new faces. "That was all the list told me to buy, Childe." Hearing their small voice call his name made the male smile.

           "Since you're already here, and I don't want you getting lost, how about you let me finish my conversation with this traveller, then I'll treat you somewhere nice," Y/n's eyes sparkled.
"I'll buy you anything you want."

          Y/n happily waited for Childe to finish, unknowing of Paimon's disturbed and concerned gaze.
"If you wanna clear yourselves of any suspicion, you need to get yourselves to Northland bank. Staying here isn't an option. As the old Liyue saying goes: The walls have ears."

            "Is there any other questions you'd like to ask?"
Lumine pointed out the child, who was drowsy, and Childe's eyes slightly narrowed. "If I act alone, I would be the more suspicious, which is why I am tasked to be a caretaker as well."

             "It made you a little more suspicious than what it was supposed to do," Paimon retorted, which made Childe laugh.
             "Hey. As long as I can keep them safe, I am doing my job right. Now then. I'll take them home safely, then we can discuss in the Northland bank," Childe smiled, and took the little child in his arms along with the groceries before walking away to the dismay of two people.

           Back at their own shelter, Childe watched the child sleep. Gazing in their restful face, Childe's eyes went cold.
The words went out smoothly, and the lies dripped from his lips. He was not a caretaker  at all. In fact, he made sure that not even the Tsaritsa knows where the ancient child went.
               "As long as I have her, hidden from the Fatui and the Tsaritsa. Her blessings will be laid all on me," Childe darkly muttered, tracing their face with his finger.
"I did specifically told her not to go outside to help me with my errands, though." Childe stood up from his crouching.

             "Y/n, little Y/n... you should know your worth, not to be seen with eyes that are not mine, not to be heard with ears that are not mine... not to be spoken with a voice that is not mine."

            Childe smiled, exiting the room, not without a kiss on Y/n's little head.